Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

P0102 code. Truck keeps stalling. wtf

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P0102 code. Truck keeps stalling. wtf

My truck keeps stalling and crapping out on me the past day or 2. I keep getting MAF low voltage messages and the whipple dash light comes on. I looked at the predator and the fuel trims were at like 50 and maf was 0.2. What the hell could have happened? It started after I left the car wash yesterday. could the carwash have somehow knocked a wire loose or something. I'm totally confused.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you spray under the hood? Check some wires and stuff, like the ones on the TB and the MAF. Does this happen at idle or WOT or what. ALso check to make sure the intake tube isn't busted or a huge leak somewhere. What your seeing is signs of a MASSIVE vacuum leak or an intake tube off or something.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

maybe your air filter is saturated with water,
Old 06-12-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

My first thought was, the intake tube fell off. Nope. I thought maybe the filter somehow got wet. Nope. I somehow got it home and removed the intake tube and put the stock airbox back on thinking that would help. It ran fine for a little while then this morning, same ****. I just went out there and started it. same prob. popped the hood, disconnected the battery, removed the whole intake setup, put it all back together. same ****. I tried shaking the wires while it was running, no change. I shut it off, re-started it. No problems. It ran for a few min without any problems. I shut it off and restarted it. the problem came back. How is that even possible? I'm so sick of this truck, the whipple, and all of this bullshit.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

intake gasket blown maybe? is your fuel vacuum line hooked up still?
Old 06-12-2004, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

ooh, i have no idea how to tell. but, on a related subject, how did you relocate your maf and air filter? isn't there a airconditioning line in the way?
Old 06-13-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

They make a maf to throttle body adapter. Tony (Nine Ball) has one on his 69. Have you cleaned the maf wires with a NON-OIL contact cleaner? Those wires have to heat up the resister to operate properly.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I'm with Flyer. Does this happen at WOT or only part throttle?

I am thinking maybe they got the MAF wet. Does it idle high?
Old 06-13-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

here's an update. I unplugged the Maf weather pack. It was bone dry. I checked all of the spliced wires that go from the whipple "computer" to the trucks computer. they are all fine. I left the battery unplugged overnight. the truck ran great today, no problems. Until, i was driving about 50mph down the road and the truck started sputtering and shut off. that was fun. again, i barely made it home. opened the hood, everything looks fine. I'm about to drop a match in the gastank. It didn't happen at wot, thank god.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

I still think it's an intake tube leak or a vacuum leak somewhere. What do your o2's look like at idle? What do they look like cruising on the highway, and at WOT? Have you had a chance to look at them when it craps out?

Quick Reply: P0102 code. Truck keeps stalling. wtf