Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

P0102 code. Truck keeps stalling. wtf

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, when idling normally, the vacuum is at -20ish. When the problem happens, at idle the vacuum is 0. I put gas antifreeze in today and have under 1/2 tank to go till it's empty. I never let the tank get all the way to E.

I called Whipple "tech support" god they're helpful, lol, anyway, the guy said "oh, your whipple computer is fried, you need to buy a new one"

of course that's what he's going to say. Maybe it's true, but, I'm taking the computer out in a week or so anyway.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i don't think your problem is water in the engine. if it was you should have some vacuum
Old 06-15-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know this guy .... he called for a pulley, and they tried to convinv him to send in his whole kit to get it rebuilt for 'required changes for a 6.0'. I don't think they have a clue what a dumbass they are.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:23 AM
TECH Addict

I wonder if I somehow f'd up my MAF sensor. How can it run perfect for half an hour of driving, then all of a sudden crap out on me. Totally random. I do think a vacuum leak or something makes sense, but, i've looked everwhere I know where to look. I do recall that either my tps or iac extension harness had a break in it when the supercharger was installed over a year ago. At that time it was idling at 2500rpm's and whipple said I had a vacuum leak. I wonder if one of those wiring harnesses is f'd up again. There like $20 a piece, I think I'll buy new ones. Do I have to get them from Whipple?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
I wonder if I somehow f'd up my MAF sensor. How can it run perfect for half an hour of driving, then all of a sudden crap out on me. Totally random. I do think a vacuum leak or something makes sense, but, i've looked everwhere I know where to look. I do recall that either my tps or iac extension harness had a break in it when the supercharger was installed over a year ago. At that time it was idling at 2500rpm's and whipple said I had a vacuum leak. I wonder if one of those wiring harnesses is f'd up again. There like $20 a piece, I think I'll buy new ones. Do I have to get them from Whipple?
My God, it is like I am in Bizarro world, and you are living my life with the Whipple. I too had that problem with my MAF, toasted it, and it would cause sputtering too. Similar problems with the wiring too. But I don't think those were related to the Car Wash problem. They were to a time when I floored it before the vehicle was warm.

At any rate, I don't see any posts since this morning. Hopefully the problem has gone away. I remember what a pain in the rear the problem was, especially since it usually happened when my wife was driving, and boy, did I ever catch it then!

At any rate, here's hoping the problem is gone for now.

D
Old 06-16-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

So, should I change the MAF sensor?.....again?
Old 06-16-2004, 10:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
So, should I change the MAF sensor?.....again?
Not sure. Has the problem gone away today with the addition of the gas line antifreeze? As I said, me blowing my MAF was not from the carwash, but from leadfoot too early in the day....

D