Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

P023F code

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P023F code

2015 GMC Sierra 6.2L 8-speed 4X4
93,000 miles
Whipple (added at 2,500 miles)
ARH LT
30% larger fuel lobe cam (cam installed at 2,500 miles, replaced at around 65,000 miles)
Alkyl Control methanol injection (installed around 25,000 miles)

So driving home today. Get a CEL and low power and low throttle response. Pull over to put the scanner on it. Reads P023F Fuel Pump Control Circuit and P0232 Fuel Pump Control Circuit High Voltage. Try to erase and restart since I'm about 2 miles from home. Truck starts and 100 feet down the road same thing. Code and low power. Eventually the engine sputters and dies. Erase code, start engine and make it another couple hundred feet and dies and won't start. Have to tow home which leads to dented bumper and a cut tire.

Questions:
Does it need to go straight back to performance shop (that's 2.5 hours away) or is it possible a problem with fuel pump that can be fixed by dealer?
If its the fuel pump is it possible to upgrade to a Camaro ZL! or Corvette fuel pump?
I carry the scanner around because ever since the performance shop had to replace my BCM's because of bad battery ground to starter issue that was caused by previous install shop not clocking starter wire connection that lead to header heat melting installation that lead to exposed wire shorting on starter shield every time I bounced across railroad tracks that occasionally when I start the truck it shows transmission stabilitrak warning light and low power mode...throttle has no input. I can cut truck off and wait about 3 minutes and it will run normally or I can put scanner on and erase codes, although there are no active codes, when I don't feel like waiting. I shared this issue on the this forum and someone commented it could be a "leaky injector".

Thanks in advance of your helpful replies.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 565 Likes on 487 Posts

Plausible that it's as simple as the fuse or wiring issue but likely it's the low side pump (tank).

A new OEM pump would be just fine. Changing to a different pump, even if that fit would likely want changes to the fuel pump control module and you don't have any way to do that.