Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

pacesetter+corsa too loud and raspy...question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts
Default pacesetter+corsa too loud and raspy...question

got got the pacesetters installed with the corsa sport. this truck is so LOUD!!!! i scared the **** outa some guy on a bike and he gave me the finger it sounds like a dragster when start it cold, and even gives a lil lope at first my buddy could hear me about 1/2 mile away when i stomped into it.....way too raspy for my taste. and its so loud my dads guna freak out on me when he hears it.

will a dynamax bullet get rid of MOST of the rasp and quieten it down some. sounding like a harley was fun for the first couple miles but it gets too much attention.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how loud is it in the cab?
Old 12-10-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

should of gone with the hooker!!!
j/k...

thats what I have read here, that a bullet muffler will take away the raspiness... have you heard it with the cutout open??
Old 12-10-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Cool

Still got the cats on or did you do the ORY as well? You can try the bullet but I doubt that it will do the job. You might have to go the route that Naked AV did with the 2 Magnaflows back to back. I think the Corsa will have to go. Well I don't really know but that is just my guess.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love the way mine sounds with my Corsa sport, pacesetter headers and ory pipe. its louder than stock when just driving around, but when you stomp on it it screams It will grow on you. I've also heard that you can put a resonator on with the Corsa and it will quiet it down a little, just an option. hope you find something that works out for ya...either way CORSA rocks
Old 12-10-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
got got the pacesetters installed with the corsa sport. this truck is so LOUD!!!! i scared the **** outa some guy on a bike and he gave me the finger it sounds like a dragster when start it cold, and even gives a lil lope at first my buddy could hear me about 1/2 mile away when i stomped into it.....way too raspy for my taste. and its so loud my dads guna freak out on me when he hears it.

will a dynamax bullet get rid of MOST of the rasp and quieten it down some. sounding like a harley was fun for the first couple miles but it gets too much attention.
sorry im not sure, but do you not have cats? or is that with cats?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:23 PM
High on diesel fumes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put a Magnaflow resonator in front of the Corsa muffler and it toned it down some. Still loud, but not quite as bad as before. I have gotten flipped off by someone that I scared the **** out of as well, and the other day I pulled onto a street at about half throttle and some little 3 or 4 year old kid walking with his parts stopped and covered up his ears. It was funny.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:26 PM
11 Second Truck Club

I will buy crummy Corsa muffler from ya.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:57 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i have the ORY so there are no cats.the corsa goes nowhere...for now anyways. you can hear it inside of the cab for sure but it dosent resonate like other mufflers would.

hopefully a bullet quiet it down and cut most of the rasp...
Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya. I have the pacesetters and Y, along with a 40 series slowmaster out before the back tire. It is gone after this winter. I am putting that **** out the back. I like it loud but not that loud, at least not no mo

Quick Reply: pacesetter+corsa too loud and raspy...question