Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Pacesetter Header with ORY review

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter Header with ORY review

Alright got these bad boys installed today-

Idle and Rev feat Lil Wayne- View My Video

Install was so easy! And they fit like a glove. Im very happy with them. Right now im running open y till I can get a muffler hooked up to it. The overall sound is awesome, definatly a sound I enjoy eventhough its a bit too loud lol. Butt dyno says performance was definatly a big increase.

Only issue I have is the #3 plug wire boot (the part you grab to pull the plug wire off the spark plug) is touching the header and I think its causing me to miss higher up in the rpm's(noticed a couple of miss fires at WOT up top). Its not a damaged plug either cause I took all the plugs out before I dropped the stock manifolds and put them back in after the headers were bolted up. Is there any trick or way to keep the top of the boot off the header?? I'll double check all the plug wires to make sure they are all plugged in and seated all the way down on the coil and plug connections also..

Other than that its a great investment and I recommend them to anyone looking to gain a few ponys on a budget.

***Oh yes, I got pulled over like 5 minutes into my first cruise with the new headers cause I floored it and I went sideways like 4 times (didnt see the cop, too busy tryin to keep the truck goin straight). I told the cop I just got a new exhaust. He ran my info, comes back and said, exhaust sounds good now get outta here lol. I love cool cops!!!

Last edited by 2007chevy5.3l; 04-30-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like one isnt seated all the way. i cut those tabs off your talking about, plus you wont have a misfire from them sitting on the LT. ive had my headers 45k and ive never had that problem. i used the pacesetter LTs/or y for the 99-07 classics not te "new" pacesetter thats designed for the GMT900s.

id run a magnaflow with a bullet in front to keep the rasp away but have a through flowing exhaust
Old 04-24-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by iamkeniff
sounds like one isnt seated all the way. i cut those tabs off your talking about, plus you wont have a misfire from them sitting on the LT. ive had my headers 45k and ive never had that problem. i used the pacesetter LTs/or y for the 99-07 classics not te "new" pacesetter thats designed for the GMT900s.

id run a magnaflow with a bullet in front to keep the rasp away but have a through flowing exhaust
Yeah I think ill trim those tabs to make it sit straigt on the plug. Your probably right, I will recheck the wires and see if they are seated all the way. Wish I had a way to find out what cyl had a misfire, via efi live or so.
Yes I ordered the 99-06 headers with the egr thing still on it also.

Im prolly just going to throw on my old 50 series flowmaster till I save up and get a different muffler set up. That way the neighbors wont complain.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Addict

I have Pacesetters too, and for about $30 for the set, you can get some of these.... they'll cover for up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit. Work like a charm.
http://cableorganizer.com/insultherm-spark/, I think I'm getting another set in all black.

Name:  PatriotPerformance60ccHeads1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  133.8 KB
Old 04-24-2010, 06:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

whats the point to spend another 30.00 when theres nothing wrong with trimming the tabs? just a thought
Old 04-24-2010, 08:43 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool, Glad your happy! Thanks for sharing.

Cool cops =
Old 04-24-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Those wire covers are work great for protecting the wires but my problem is the boot touching the header. Just gotta do what keniff said and trimm it.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so what numbers i did you put down after the headers? i put mine on and i just havnt had it tuned yet.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bend the boot to where it isn't touching.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Those wire covers are work great for protecting the wires but my problem is the boot touching the header. Just gotta do what keniff said and trimm it.

I took the metal sheething off and haven't had a prob at all. Again, my real issue were the wires getting fried, and more than once.

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Header with ORY review