Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Pacesetter Long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck on the install.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

wow these look great! id really like to get the LT's and the ory....however id like to be able to put the stock y-pipe with cats back in for inspection. is there enough room to weld a flange to the headers and ory, and then a reducer and flange on the old y-pipe so that the y-pipes are interchangable? or is it even wirth getting the ory since i dont have any internal engine which mean not having cats might sound bad? right now i have the stock y-pipe going into 3" pipe and a qtp cutout, and then into a flowmaster series 40 delta flow muffler. oh id like to ditch the serises 40 too...im thinkin magnaflow?

oh and i guess an even more important question is this...i have a lifted 2wd cst longtravel with coilovers) so i have big shockhoops....do yall think i can even get these things in here? heres some pics...

Old 07-29-2005, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

I know my ASM L/T fit really well. I wanted Dynatech but laughed when I heard the price. I dont know alot about the pacesetters. But my ASM fit great helped alot on the Dyno, and sound good catless running true duals. I paid like 775 or something like that.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got the pacesetters and the ory for my truck. The ory is for sale cause I didnt check fitment before buying it. My truck has a dual exhaust from the factory.(it goes back into one after the muffler) I am undecided whether to keep the cats or take them off now!
Old 07-29-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

CrazyAggie, not too sure, that would be one tight fit. Here are a few pics of mine, not too great but they may help you out.

Old 07-30-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Regular

will the piping for an STS turbo still fit withe LT headers?
Will they help or hurt the turbo performance?
Old 07-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Staging Lane

yikes that egr looks mighty close.....but maybe it will work, i guess if it can clear the steering shaft it should be ok though? i htink it might work though becuuse if you look where the shock hoops are weled to the top of the old coil pocket mount, the egr looks like it might fit right between them.....how do you get the headers in there? from the wheel well or from underneath the truck?
Old 07-30-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went from below the truck. The EGR is not as close as it looks in the pic, the zoom makes it look closer for some reason. I think it should fit judging by your pics but I'm sure it is going to be a very tight fit. I can try to get you more pics on Monday if you need them, I am out of town right now without the digital cam. Just let me know if you need pics of anything else.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:27 PM
TECH Resident

I started my install and I have a question. What size are the 02 sensors? 21mm? 7/8 is too small and 15/16 is too big.

I wanted to get the y-pipe off today so I could finish up tomorrow morning but I have not taken the 02 sensors out yet. I sprayed the **** out of them with more penetrant so I hope they are a good bit looser tomorrow.

Last edited by blk03; 07-30-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:24 PM
Staging Lane

thank you so much for the pics and the advice i relaly appreciate it guys, i really think im gonna get these and the ory. i might as well get the ory, i finally heard a truck with no cats and cut outs the other day and while it was really raspy, i kinda like it...its a really raw mean sound. i have a cut out now with cats and it sounds ok too...im thinkin ill have flanges welded on everything so i can swap the stock and o.r. y-pipe in and out...not ot mention is if flat out saounds like *** after all i can put the old pipes back in.

as far as o2 sims, they dont mess anything up right? the rear sims only tell the computer whether you are running cats or not right? where do the sims plug into?

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Long tubes