Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Pacesetters WITH cats...pics here (56K watchout!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters WITH cats...pics here (56K watchout!!!!)

I know there has been some talk of running pacesetters with cats and i know more than one person wanted to see some pics about how it is done. Im about to pull the cats out and have everything redone. So if you abselutely need to run cats, here are some pics of my setup.

I live in Texas(thus cant be salted roads) and i cant figure out why they are rusting. Maybe it the heat from the cats or something Oh well.

BTW. If you can get your exhaust shop to put some flanges on, that would be a pretty good idea. I hate the way mine look. Kind of RIGGED LOOKING i must say.

Drivers side

Passenger side

Old 02-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Cool deal. I've been wondering how that would workout. That sucks that they are rusting. How long have you had them? I've found from my experience that even coated headers are subject to rust on daily drivers. I really want the Dynatech Supermaxx system with cats, but I'm not sure if I want them $1295 worth???? Does anyone know where to get them any cheaper? Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:27 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

whoa! never expected the headers to be rusted up...ive sprayed mine down with brake cleaner and couldnt even hurt the finish.

it looks like alot more than your exhaust is rusting. im willing to bet that you have driven the truck on the beach and didn't thoroughly rinse every square inch down. when i go on the beach with my truck i go home and pressure wash every square inch on top and underneath. salt ***** everything up.

Last edited by TXsilverado; 02-28-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Sexy Party Mod

I have had them on for about 10,000-15,000 miles. 9 months or so. I drive the hell out of this thing.

Yea dude
$450 and a little rust Vs. $1,300 and no rust

NOT WORTH THE MONEY IMO. Hell nobody looks under the truck anyway, just as long as there is none on the flanges and stuff.

And I havent driven them anywhere near the beach...Does Baytown Count????
Old 02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hell. Living near the salt water can do that.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Hell. Living near the salt water can do that.
60 miles????
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 PM

next time your around galveston look at the local cars. not many of the cars have that "really shiny" look unless they are brand spankin new or have an **** owner. theres salt in the air that eats on everything. 60 miles should be plenty far enough away though
Old 02-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Is it worth persuing as far as asking pacesetter what the problem is? I have to say, the closest i have got to saltwater in my truck ever was the Sept GTG at HRP. Im not gonna whine but i havent heard of these rusting yet besides mine.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
Is it worth persuing as far as asking pacesetter what the problem is? I have to say, the closest i have got to saltwater in my truck ever was the Sept GTG at HRP. Im not gonna whine but i havent heard of these rusting yet besides mine.
it wouldnt hurt to ask. maybe start up another thread asking if anyones coated pacesetters are rusting...is that real rust or just some crap to be wiped off with light steel wool?
Old 02-28-2006, 10:03 PM
Sexy Party Mod

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
it wouldnt hurt to ask. maybe start up another thread asking if anyones coated pacesetters are rusting...is that real rust or just some crap to be wiped off with light steel wool?
Ill have to check tomarrow with a shop towel and a little elbow grease. i dont want to use steal wool for fear it would make it worse. Maybe some either or brakekleen might help.

Quick Reply: Pacesetters WITH cats...pics here (56K watchout!!!!)