Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

PAGING EVERYONE! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: PAGING EVERYONE! HELP

How exactly do you have PCV systm routed ?
Do you have the line still routed to the throttle body if you do you will preasurize the Crankcase with boost
Don't mess around without the External fuel pump
I blew my dipstick out with the PCV line hooked into my tb before i knew better sure make a mess with oil everywhere ..
jim
Old 06-24-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad to see Im not the only one whose made that mistake,HAHA.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:25 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

yup it was plugged in damnit i messed up thie install so bad i feel so stupid, but right now i ran a compresion test and it seems weird i dont know how exactly to run a compression test but i tested a "good" cylinder then i tested the one wiht oiled plug, the good one read 150 155 ish i got one 165 read on the "good" cylinder the oiled plug cylinder read 150 145 but then sometimes it wouldnt even get a reading same wiht the good cylinder, sometimes it would get a reading then soemtimes it wouldnt get one.......i need to cap off the tb and route to the intake now,i guess it pressurized the boost in the crank punching it even once that lean blew it =(..... i know the pump is on for a fact now and i got the FMU opened up all the way
Old 06-24-2003, 09:29 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

sorry about all the typos im really frustrated i need to calm down a bit, when you guys blew out your dipstick did u have oil on any of the plugs at any point? my dipstick didnt blow out but there was some oil leaking from somewhere i still cant find it...
Old 06-24-2003, 09:31 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

my cluelessnes on all of this has cost me, i cant even run a proper comprsession check...!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I really doubt you hurt the engine. If the compression is running within 10-15% of each other its ok. As hard as I run my truck I change the plugs every 5000 miles just so I know I will not foul one out in a race, and every now and then I get a wet plug. Doesnt mean anything special to me. Just happens.
As far as my dip stick, it didnt blow out. It raised up about 1/2" and oil misted out, running down the side of the engine and on the headers.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:04 AM
TECH Regular

First thing you need to do is scan the code and find out what the problem is. Next, make sure your fuel pump is working. As far as the FMU, make sure the screw is tightened all the way in. That will give you the most fuel line pressure. Change the spark plug and run the truck a little, then recheck the plug for oil. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:44 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

okay i went for a run the FMU scre was all the way open that means i ahd no line pressure?? aww man....i cant catch a break... but anyway, the plug is fine no oil leaks and it pulls like a monster now! now i have another problem tho the intake tube gets blown off the throttle body by the boost. as far as that leak there is none. and this time i actually pushed the motor hard.. im not touching it anymore until i tune it though im not gonna push my luck im thinking.... electric fans since the intake tube messed up the clutch fan when it fell off, auto tap and ls1edit for tunning, injectors because its still gottta be running lean and build a new intake, gmc ski any ideas on what to make did u have problem with the boost blowning the pipe off?
Old 06-25-2003, 05:14 AM
TECH Junkie

I had a Grand National that would all kinds of cool things push up the dip stick, blow by, and pop of intercooling plumbing when the boost would hit 23psi. Boost is cool.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

First off to solve the intake Problems you need a set of electric fans
when you have them find the nearest truck Exhuast place and callem up and find out if they have any 4" mandrel bend 90 degree tubing you'll need 2 pieces 4" mates up perfect to the TB you'll need one rubber coupler that's 4" and one that mates to the Mass air sensor. it works like a charm for me never blow any thing apart after i did this
I'll get try and get some Pics up of my set up
Gets some injectors so you can really beat on it

jim
Intake setup

Quick Reply: PAGING EVERYONE! HELP