Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Paging Parish8 and anyone else with a blower.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Parish8 and anyone else with a blower.

How much boost are you running? Do you have any knock with pump gas? I have just ordered a 12# pulley for my procharger. I am planning on shifting a little sooner, maybe 5,800. How long have you had the blower on? I am hoping my motor stays together for another 4 or 5 months.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:25 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Paging Parish8 and anyone else with a blower.

non intercooled here and all i can run is 6psi on pump gas. whipples give full boost imeadiately so i see 6psi at 2000rpm, if i tried to run more i would get knock in the low rpms. your blower ramps up in boost and it seems you can run more boost up top without knock.

i run an 8psi pully alot with good gas, along with some nitrous here recently, these motors are strong. got atr least 15k on this 6.0 since i droped it in.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I only see 3 psi at 3,500. This is the problem I am going to solve. It sucks racing people with juice. I shift and it falls on its face. I takes me a second to start to pull. Although the LT1 I raced this morning on the highway will probably disagree.
You can not use your LS1 Edit to slowly ramp up your timing curve, to get rid of low speed knock. What plugs are you using?
Old 04-30-2003, 04:17 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have you tried to adjust your timing before and if so did it show up on atap? i tried adjusting my timing and it never showed up on atap. i need to figure that out before i mess with my timing any more, i need to know what it is doing.

i never though about your timing idea, i like it. i don't think i could get more than another 1psi with it though. with 6psi i see 0 KR, with 8 psi i see full 8deg of KR thru the entire run at all rpm's. there have been times when i have seen some KR down low that went away up top. there apears to be a drastic diference between 6psi and 8psi with a whipple. i think the heat just gets too high. i use the ngk TR6 plugs
Old 04-30-2003, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I adjusted the timing when I installed the supercharger. I am seeing a total of 20 deg. What is strange is that the intake air temp has alot to due with the timing. When it was cold outside I had my timing set at 20 and on my Tech2 it showed 24. However, when it warmed up I see between 18 and 20 deg. Zero knock retard.
I figured the juice would allow for a little more psi due to the cold intake temp. I would like to try the cold but, lack the funds at this time. Four months ago I had 2 juice kits and now I have none.
You need to dyno your truck I would like to see what the rollers say. I bet money that you make sick torque out of that motor.