Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Paging Y2KSilverado

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Y2KSilverado

Got my fan mounted and the thermostat probe thing mounted. I just got a couple more quetions for ya. Where did you mount your control box from the wiring harness, and did you use the little plastic things it came with to mount it? Also could i wire the ignition power wire to the same place that i put the full time power wire, that way the fans will stay on even when the truck is off until it reaches the desired temp? The orange wire is the one built with the fuse, does that wire go to one fan and the blue wire go to the other? The blue wire doesnt have a fuse but i bought an inline fuse to splice into it. I think that's it! Thanks again for all your help!!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Paging Y2KSilverado

I mounted the relay (control box?) on the top radiator support, pretty much next to the top radiator hose. Just used a couple self tapping screws in each side of the relay where the mounting holes were. My temp probe wire wasn't very long, didn't have much choice as to where I could put it. As far a the ignition wire, if I remember right, the instructions did say something about doing that but they'll stay on anyway. I wondered if they would come on and stay on when the truck was shut off, we'll mine do anyway. I pulled into work and the fans came on, I shut the truck off and the fans stayed on for another 30 seconds or so. As I was walking away from the truck, I heard them shut off. So, that maybe what the constant hot wire is for, the igition on power wire is for something else, I guess? Yes on the fused orange wire, each fan needs a fused power wire. The other connection to the fan is a ground wire, each fan has to be grounded too. That should be about it, just ask for anything else. Good luck!
Jim