Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel

How are you setting up the system?? Where are you attaching the return line to on the rails, or the lines?? So the main fuel line runs into the FPR, a vac line from the FPR to the intake, line from FPR to the rails.. You can use the fuel line out of the FPR and run it to a Y so both rails are being fed and plug the front of each rail or can run 1 line into the back of a rail, along with a crossover, have it dead head on the other rail correct?? My thing, that I guess I am over looking is where at in the system do you make a spot for the excess fuel to return to the tank.. I am over looking something.. Any info or even a sketch would work.. Thanks
Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Subscribed; hopefully sslow4.8 or spoolin will chime in soon.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Baltimore Whore

Yah I looked at his thread, but, I am not sure if it all can be done with just feeds going in from the back or needs that cross over, with the FPR like he has it.. But I am not super clear on the fuel set up, really have never looked. Now it needs to be clear, because I am getting the itch to swap the intake for a vic-pro flo.. I think what has me screwed up is the fact I have been looking at my buddies camaro that is in my garage, the reg not on the rail, there is only 1 fuel line running to his rails, no return off it..
Old 03-31-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you run the FPR after the rails you can have feed, rail, crossover, rail, FPR, return

Or if you run a Y into both rails and then have the rails tie together at the back with the FPR in the middle. And the return draining from the FPR.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Or if you run the FPR before the rails, you would have -8 (or whatever size you are using) fuel line, FPR, fuel line, rail, crossover, rail and a plug on the end of the final rail. And your return comes off the regulator.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by black04
Or if you run the FPR before the rails, you would have -8 (or whatever size you are using) fuel line, FPR, fuel line, rail, crossover, rail and a plug on the end of the final rail. And your return comes off the regulator.
This one here has me messed up.. So fuel line into the FPR, fuel line out of the FPR to one rail, then cross it over at the front of the rail, then plug the back of the rail?? Then have the other port from the FPR go to return??
Old 03-31-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mangled i dunno if you have seen my setup but heres an idea.... Feed Y's into back with 2-8an lines, comes from the front back to the regulator then one 8an return line

Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Baltimore Whore

That looks good man, but can i get away with return back through 1 rail?? I can not tell you the last time I have looked at a FPR, so do not even know how many ports are on them.. Basically all the unused fuel has to return through the FPR??
Old 03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct, the regulator will hold back pressure on your fuel rails to whatever psi u have it set at then bleed the rest back to the tank on the return port.... And i have used one line before and had no problems.... and you can regulate either before or after the rails i have just always choose to do after... My last set up had a 6an supply line running to back of passenger rail then from front of passenger rail to front of driver rail then back of driver rail to the regulator
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Quick Reply: People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel