Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok I think I have it, now to hunt down a intake, shooting for a black pro flow Like I said my buddies maro had me all foncused, seeing only 1 line in and nothing out.. Ok so this is how I got it, this is correct no?? Also I have a little twist to it.. I plan to do this all in polished stainless hard lines. I have OCD, so it should turn out nice, not to mention I used to bend lines for a living...

Black lines are main feed, blue is return, gray is vacuum..
Attached Thumbnails People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel-fpr-line-set.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that is just like mine... Your blue lines will become return after they goto the regulator....so should actually be black, but i see what your doing just so i can tell which is which.....Your coming out of the front of the rails and gonna merge those two and go into one regulator port? Wish i could bend lines that well!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
Baltimore Whore

Right, the blue lines are coming out the front of the rails and running back into a T fitting, then into the reg. Then out the reg to the return factory line.. So there is a port on the reg for a return line to come in from the rails and out to the tank( factory lines)?? Do I have to run the main feed into the FPR first?? I see you didn't but is there a spot on it for a fuel line feed and return line??
Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

You technically can't call the lines between the fuel rails and the regulator return, because they are at full pressure. Only the line exiting the regulator returning to the tank is a return line, and the pressure in it is not much more than atmospheric.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 PM
TECH Veteran

In the diagram that I posted, the regulator can be installed anywhere in the loop to the right of the Y fitting. The way they have it is supposed to give the most even distribution. Swerve's and your setup is the same as the MagnaFuel diagram, and my setup, your guy's just have the extensions relocating the regulator.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
You technically can't call the lines between the fuel rails and the regulator return, because they are at full pressure. Only the line exiting the regulator returning to the tank is a return line, and the pressure in it is not much more than atmospheric.
Ok what I am meaning by return is that the blue lines in my picture are returning into the FPR, then from the FPR to tank.. Would that be correct???
Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Look at the regulator as a Tee. It has two inlets and one outlet. They make regulators with more ports, but the three-port one is what you'll be using.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Baltimore Whore

So then run the main feed right to the rails, then just run the front of the rails back to the FPR as the return to the tank?? POST # 5 had me screwed up, I was thinking the main fuel feed was running into the FPR then the rails, then from the front of the rails back through the FPR to tank.. Like I said i can not tell you how long it has been since I have looked at a aftermarket FPR, so bare with me, I know I prob sound like a ***

Next is I could even run the feed line into the pass side back of the fuel rail, cross it at the front, then at the driver side back of the rail run a line into the FPR for the return to tank?? If i can do it this way just say YES.. lol God I am a fukn tard

As for the FPR, I am prob going to go with one from fuel lab..
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes. .
Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by MikeGyver
Yes. .
Thank you.. Ok next ?? is do you see any trouble running the fuel into just one rail, crossing it over and returning it out the back of the other one into the FPR then to tank ?? It will be a cleaner look IMO but will it be suitable for big HP??? I am guessing yes do to the fact of a bunch of guys running the stock set up and big big numbers..

Quick Reply: People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel