Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, I was under the impression you were talking about using the FPR as the T itself..Ok that makes sense now.. Would this function correctly, as far as bleeding off the excess fuel from being dead headed in the rails, rather then coming back into the reg from a pressurized source.. This would prob be the way I would go about it, any where in front of the reg i could tie into the line to add a FP gauge, then it would be no lines other then feeds to the back of the rails..
Old 04-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Baltimore Whore

Well none the less, if the FPR works like a relief valve on a hydraulic system, then it should not be a issue as far as bleeding off fuel that way, a FP gauge should be able to be added anywhere that there is pressurization in the system.. That is a super clean way, i might have to go for it, it would save alot of time as far as making bends in hard line. Hell this should get a sticky spot, for anybody that might get a little confused as to a configuration.. Thanks to you guys for making this a bit more clear to me..
Attached Thumbnails People running FAST, VIC ,PRO FLOW ect intakes, return style fuel-fpdh.jpg  
Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

i just used a fuel rail from a 98 corvette on my fast 90mm. if i was to use the fast rails, i would just get the corvette fuel filter. it's around 40$ and has the fuel pressure regulator built into it. run to lines from the tank to the back side of the filter, then 1 line up to the motor. boom. return style for $40. it is the easiest, cleanest and cheapest way to do the job.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

here are some PN's for that particular filter/regulator.

Wix 33737
GM 10299146
Purolator F55493
GF1822
Hastings GF336
PGF336
GKI GF1822

i think wix is the cheapest and they are known to build a great filter.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subd..
Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Baltimore Whore

Thanks for some info here guys, but as far as it goes now, I am going to keep a truck intake. Number 1 on either one of the intakes mentioned, you will need to switch to a diff injector( not a truck style), as I have truck 60's, You will need diff style ones, and adapters to do so. So after adding up what all this would cost, intake, adapts, injectors, ect, it will be well into the 800 range.. So as of now, I will stick with my current, or poss step up to a tbss intake...
Old 04-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black04
Supposedly there is no difference between the crossover or Y but I am not sure. I'd like to do the crossover as well because i think it looks much cleaner.
Imo

I was planning on running a crossover setup on my bird
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Thank you.. Ok next ?? is do you see any trouble running the fuel into just one rail, crossing it over and returning it out the back of the other one into the FPR then to tank ?? It will be a cleaner look IMO but will it be suitable for big HP??? I am guessing yes do to the fact of a bunch of guys running the stock set up and big big numbers..
Originally Posted by black04
Supposedly there is no difference between the crossover or Y but I am not sure. I'd like to do the crossover as well because i think it looks much cleaner.
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
Imo

I was planning on running a crossover setup on my bird

Just saw this thread, seems like you got everything worked out even though it seems like your heading in another direction. Just thought I'd add that from what I've read, nobody can really prove one way or another if using a crossover at the rails or "Y'ing" the fuel supply lines into the back of the rails really makes any difference performance wise, but I've read a few reputable engine builders explain their theory with their reluctance to use the cross-over method.
From what I've gathered they claim that there is a noticable drop in pressure from the first injector (Ex: # 7) to the last injector in the series (ex #8) when using a crossover. So the last Injector would see whatever the FPR was set at (~60psi) but the first injector would see a 3-5 psi increase over that. Depending on which way you run your main into the rails, it could either help or hurt the #7 problem these LS engines are sometime prone too.