Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

performance help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance help

So I'm not going to lie, I know some stuff about vehicles but am a long way off of being a know-it all. Anyways I have a maga-charger going on my truck and was wondering what else I could do to it while its in the shop to get a little more performnace out of it. I was thinking either a cam or headers or something. I already have an intake and exhaust. Just want to go faster without breaking the bank just yet.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:42 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 'right' cam will accent the magnacharger well, and headers will help exhale better. I would do the cam first, if not both at the same time.
What truck and engine?
Old 03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Read up on the Lingenfelter GT2-3, that might be a pretty good cam for your application. I would definitely do a full exhaust (headers, y-pipe, cat-back) swap...
Old 03-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Teching In

sorry I guess I should have posted that, it's a 2002 chevy silverado reg. cab short box, with the 5.3L. I'm in the midst of a horsepower war with a buddy and wish to remain on top!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you dont mind telling, what does he have and we can tell you how to demolish him

the lingenfleter GT2-3 cam is great for the radix, also needs ls6 valvesprings or better and some hardened pushrods

a header and y-pipe setup would really help the supercharger, id suggest either the pacesetter longtube and off-road y setup( for non-emissions areas) or the dynatech longtube and catted ypipe (for emmissions controlled areas)

a dyno tune will really help it out too

after the supercharger is installed and tuned get a smaller pulley for some real fun
Old 03-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Teching In

he's got a nissan titan with cold air-intake, exhaust , and what ever else. Basically, I would like to quicker than everyone else. My truck probably is already quicker than his, I just want to be super-sure when I line up next to him. What exactly would a smaller pulley do? And wheres a good place to get a set of headers?
Old 03-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Mr. Obvious

go to TSP(texas speed and performacne) for the headers >>>

hell with just the radix you will kill that weak titan

a smaller pulley will spin the supercharger faster which increases your boost which increases power, which decreases traction
Old 03-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Teching In

I know that I just it to be a very prominent lead. I'm kind of hoping my traction control will take care of any traction issue's, if necessary.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Mr. Obvious

are you 4wd?

if you have the 5.3+ radix, cam, headers, exhaust, intake, tune, smaller pulley(3.0 or smaller) you should have about 450rwhp

some efans and underdrive pulleys will help to free up HP too

id suggest some lower gears and a lsd too, and get a stall when you get your trans

you are going to need a built trans for this(radix)
Old 03-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Teching In

I forgot to mention that It will be getting tuned. No 4wd- it was ordered from factory as a 2wd with traction control. It has some different options such as the traction control, ride control with electric shocks, power seats, etc.

Quick Reply: performance help