Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

PLEASE help with LTs

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE help with LTs

My dad called the place were I got my exhaust installed, and they said it makes it REALLY loud and doesn't add that much power. They also said there will probably be a lot of problems with it (because of the fabrication) and there isn't much difference in power gain between them and shorties. Now my dad won't let me get them. Could you guys post up some vids of you exhaust with LTs, maybe a before and after? I know just as you guys and everyone on LS1tech know LTs are much better than shorties, but I'm in a tight spot right now with my dad. He's convinced all of this is true because he talked to a "senior tech."
Old 05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
My dad called the place were I got my exhaust installed, and they said it makes it REALLY loud and doesn't add that much power. They also said there will probably be a lot of problems with it (because of the fabrication) and there isn't much difference in power gain between them and shorties. Now my dad won't let me get them. Could you guys post up some vids of you exhaust with LTs, maybe a before and after? I know just as you guys and everyone on LS1tech know LTs are much better than shorties, but I'm in a tight spot right now with my dad. He's convinced all of this is true because he talked to a "senior tech."
I'll do you better than a vid. I'll meet you and your dad, bring my truck and another one over and ya'll can here two in person with LT'SSSS!!

James
Old 05-30-2006, 01:11 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

thats just unfair....i think my dad doesnt stop me because he wants to see me realize that im dumping all my money into a bottomless pit. too bad i already know that but it makes me happy so why stop?!
Old 05-30-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just dont get it. My dad gave me headers for my 440 when I was 16 and let me run around with open headers for a few days because he liked to hear the cam loping. LOL

Well I hope you get your long tubes man.

This is my truck w/ LTs, Dual 3" in and 4" out Magnaflow w/ no cats iof you keep the cats it will be alot quieter

Here it is with open headers

Old 05-30-2006, 08:28 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

With a cammed 6l and a 5400 stall, no cats, and tiny mufflers mine is a little loud while accelerating, but once youre cruising, its MUCH quieter than my step-dads Avy with a si/do flowmaster with cats.

My mileage went up, and I picked up a few ponies. Ive seen (and if you search Im sure you can too) dyno sheets of 24hp qains on a 4.8. The manifolds on the newer LS based truck engines are almost as effecient as shrorties, but no where near as effecient as LT's
Old 05-30-2006, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by white1
With a cammed 6l and a 5400 stall, no cats, and tiny mufflers mine is a little loud while accelerating, but once youre cruising, its MUCH quieter than my step-dads Avy with a si/do flowmaster with cats.

My mileage went up, and I picked up a few ponies. Ive seen (and if you search Im sure you can too) dyno sheets of 24hp qains on a 4.8. The manifolds on the newer LS based truck engines are almost as effecient as shrorties, but no where near as effecient as LT's

bout to have a dyno result on the yukon after the LT's
Old 05-30-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soon2bSpooled
thats just unfair....i think my dad doesnt stop me because he wants to see me realize that im dumping all my money into a bottomless pit. too bad i already know that but it makes me happy so why stop?!
Exactly. I think my parents are doing the same thing. When I first got the truck I barely got away with switching mufflers, because they thought it would void the warranty. Now I'm ordering almost $500 a week in parts (or getting stuff painted) and they don't seem to care one bit.

If you can find that dyno sheet, show it to your dad. I know exactly what your going through man, it sucks when this is what your life revolves and they don't understand.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:27 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z284thgen
bout to have a dyno result on the yukon after the LT's

Come o get it up here.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white1
Come on get it up.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:43 AM