Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

porting a radix sc

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 12:16 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

you can get the radix cheaper bro than 4800
Old 09-13-2004, 12:25 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you purchase a Radix supercharger for less than 5Gs, I will almost bet you will get little or NO support from the dealer that sold it to you. Sometimes you guys need to think, less does not always equal better.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, if you can afford 4900, then what's another 200, which is what everyone sells the Radix for. How the hell do you port a supercharger anyway? Are they just talking about the manifold...if not then what? I wouldn't touch the housing where the rotors are. That's just common sense engineering. Plus, I think the Radix manifold is a work of art. Just get a smaller freakin' pulley. You FI guys suck!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where is this.if i could get it cheaper i might just have to spring for it.if i get this thing bolt it up to the 4.8 cam it up full exhaust,tune i would have to be in the 13's think
Old 09-13-2004, 12:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
If you purchase a Radix supercharger for less than 5Gs, I will almost bet you will get little or NO support from the dealer that sold it to you. Sometimes you guys need to think, less does not always equal better.
What kind of support do you need, really? If there are warranty issues, isn't Magnuson Products responsible?
Old 09-13-2004, 12:33 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Naked AV
What kind of support do you need, really? If there are warranty issues, isn't Magnuson Products responsible?

Sure we are, and we will always take care of the end user. Just trust me, price should NEVER be the deciding factor on a purchase. I would rather spend 200 more from a knowledgeable dealer than a parts ***** on e-bay. Just my .02
Old 09-13-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Sure we are, and we will always take care of the end user. Just trust me, price should NEVER be the deciding factor on a purchase. I would rather spend 200 more from a knowledgeable dealer than a parts ***** on e-bay. Just my .02
I still don't understand the concern. If you're going to take care of the end user, then what's the issue?

Don't you do some kind of due diligence with regards to who you sell your products to? If someone is selling your products, you've approved of them somehow, right - I mean where else is anyone going to get a Radix from, besides you?

To me, it sounds like price can actually be the deciding factor. There's no reason for it not to be. You've approved of the vendor, you take care of warranty issues, so why not go on price?

Now if you're talking about an install shop, then we're talking you better be smart about it. But if you're shipping Radix blowers to someone, and they're just turning around and selling them to someone else, what's the beef?
Old 09-13-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a parts ***** on e-bay
LOL!!! That's a good one!!!
Old 09-13-2004, 12:42 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Naked AV
I still don't understand the concern. If you're going to take care of the end user, then what's the issue?

Don't you do some kind of due diligence with regards to who you sell your products to? If someone is selling your products, you've approved of them somehow, right - I mean where else is anyone going to get a Radix from, besides you?

To me, it sounds like price can actually be the deciding factor. There's no reason for it not to be. You've approved of the vendor, you take care of warranty issues, so why not go on price?

Now if you're talking about an install shop, then we're talking you better be smart about it. But if you're shipping Radix blowers to someone, and they're just turning around and selling them to someone else, what's the beef?
I am glad you are back to normal.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:46 AM
blownerator

I am glad you are back to normal.

I take that back. I am speaking for the other vendors on this site that work their asses off to make a living. Haveing been in that position, I understand how they feel when the price of something is driven down into the gutter by message boards. Let these guys make a living and put food on their table.

Quick Reply: porting a radix sc