Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Predator issue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 09:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator issue!!!

I am using Predator for the 1st time, seems easy enough, but I plugged it in after reading the directions a couple of times, it was in it's Vehicle Data Backup, Please Wait screen, counting up the percentage that it was done. It has got to 100% complete but it just sits there and never gets to The Backup 100%, press any key to continue screen. Is this normal? It has been on this screen for anout 45 minutes now, and I'm really starting to wonder what the hell is up. This is happening as I speak so please help if yopu can. I hope the freakin battery holds up till I can get this resolved. Thanks.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Predator issue!!!

no you may have gotten one with a problem.i cant seem to get my program back.i sent my program in over a week ago and now cant get an answer when i will get it back.thinking about telling james to forget it and put mine back stock and see if i can send it back.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I hope not! This is my only vehicle.
The thing is still sitting there saying 100% complete...please wait. I don't want to unplug the thing and crash my computer. What do you think I can do? I never got to a point to install any tuning. It was just learning the stock settings and got stuck on this screen. I did not remove any fuses, but that is for on-star option, which I do not have. other than that I know I did nothing wrong.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Man this is frustrating as hell! I don't need this crap on a friday nite! Tried to mail James, don't think he's workin right now anyway. I hope the battery holds out long enough to get some kind of answer. Anyone else have this issue?
This is makin me
Old 08-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Truck addict

i don't really have any answers for you but see if you can hook a battery charger up so you can at least have a charge going. that way maybe someone that knows the answer can come on here or whatever and help you further. ? have you tried hitting the esc key. just to see if you can back out.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Goshawk and Y2K thanks for the messages back, it's nice to know your not in this **** alone. I tried the escape key and the other keys to no avail. I took a deep breath and turned the key off, pulled the plug on the Predator and waited a few seonds. The truck is fine. I even took it for aquick spin up to 85 mph to make sure all was well. It was good.
Now what? Do I dare put the thing back on and try again?
I don't know if my ***** are that big!!
Old 08-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Truck addict

well, i sent you a pm, but if it were me, i would call it a day and talk to someone that makes the thing before i started messing around again. then again, knowing me i would go back at it too. lol. i really don't know. to be safe, wait till you contact someone about this to make sure you dont' have a bad programmer.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Truck addict

by they way, i am glad your truck fired up. so i guess congrats are in order after the scare.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:44 PM
TECH Veteran

by they way, i am glad your truck fired up. so i guess congrats are in order after the scare.
At least it runs the same. No harm done...whewww...A little scary. My wife would be bitchin up a storm!! I would have to think of a good line of **** quick to dodge that one.....lol
Old 08-08-2003, 11:05 PM

Glad all is OK, that kind of $hit would drive me crazy. I would have two little voices talking to me, the logical one would say to me "wait until Monday and call someone for help" and then the curious one would say "maybe I should try it again and see what happens". I would have a hard time not listening to the curious one but don't be me.
Jim

Quick Reply: Predator issue!!!