Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Predator performance shift points rpm vs mph

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator performance shift points rpm vs mph

I am still confused a bit about setting the performance shift points with the predator. i am sure this is an old question, please pardon my ignorance. What do you all set your shift points with? Mph or rpm? I am thinking the performance shift points mph must be set pretty high to make it rev good but I was wondering if somebody with a similiar set up as mine that has theirs dialed in could lay me down some good starting points to set it up at. I never really messed with it that much I can't seem to get it to wake up like I could with my old hpp3. I got my first custom tune in today and I want that baby to haul booty. Any advice?
Old 01-07-2004, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M.Roberts
I am still confused a bit about setting the performance shift points with the predator. i am sure this is an old question, please pardon my ignorance. What do you all set your shift points with? Mph or rpm? I am thinking the performance shift points mph must be set pretty high to make it rev good but I was wondering if somebody with a similiar set up as mine that has theirs dialed in could lay me down some good starting points to set it up at. I never really messed with it that much I can't seem to get it to wake up like I could with my old hpp3. I got my first custom tune in today and I want that baby to haul booty. Any advice?
The mph and rpm thing never really worked the way the manual says it would. Here's where I have mine set up with 3.73 gears, 1-2 42 mph and 5900 rpm's, 2-3 82 mph and 5840 rpm's, 3-OD Predator pre set.
Jim