Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Predator question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator question

How high can you change your rev limiter and how high can you set your shift points with the predator?
Thanks
Old 06-16-2003, 09:45 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Predator question

You can only set the rev limiter to 6000. The shift points will be determined by how fast your tranny shifts. You are not going to be able to set the shifts at 5995 b/c the tranny takes a while to shift and goes up past your rev limit. I have a vette servo and tweeked the pressures and shift times with my predator and i have my shifts set at 5700. i could probably go higher, but my truck runs the best shifting there.my settings are
1-2~5700 and 41mph
2-3~5700 and 80mph
3-4 dont mess with you wont need it in the 1/4
Old 06-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Teching In

Well, I was wondering because with the hppIII I have the rev limiter set at 6200 and my shift points are at:
1-2 +6mph or at about 50mph
2-3 +12mph or at bout 90mph
3-4 never been fast enough for it to shift to 4th
Anyway, the reason why I was asking is because with this cam I have in my truck it feels like I have so much power above where my shift points are right now, which is about 6000 or better. I have hit the rev limiter a few times (6200) during 1-2 shift. I went to the track and manualy shifted and held it a little longer and my times got better. That is why I am asking is because I want to raise my shift points. Thank you Todd
Old 06-17-2003, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Contact customer support of DiabloSport. They will send you an email with a different program that changes those settings for free. You need a seriel cable and a power converter that switches to 12v, then hook it up to the computer, and you can reprogram the predator. Just let them know what you want to set your settings to. My friend did just this, and now he can set shifts to 6500 rpm. The Tech guys name at DiabloSport was Johan Mangs. It is a free service, and once you have the program, you can do downloads, and uploads of your tune to DiabloSport. Also I can email you the program if you wish, just email me, just make sure the the subject is DiabloSport, or I might accidently erase the email with all the spam I get.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:47 PM
Launching!

where can I get a serial cable and power converter? how much Money we talking? Once I have the cable and converter, what to do with them? conecct the cable from computer to programmer or what?And did your friends program allow for other things besides the increase in Rev limit? such as more adjustability of timing and fuel? can they program for such things as cams and blowers?
thanks a bunch.
Old 06-17-2003, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get the power supply at radio shack, including the serieal cable. The converter was $12.00 and $9.00 for the seriel cable. Just have your computer on, then plug in the serial connection, then plug in the power. In "MY COMPUTER" it will show as a "REMOVABLE DRIVE". Once you have that connection, just open the program that they send you, then you can upload your program to the predator to send it to DiabloSport. It saves it into a file that you send in an email. Along with the email send them what you want changed too, and what level you want it to go to. They can go up to about 35% on shifting speed and pressure, 8995rpm redline, unlimited top end, and another 5% of adjustment of timing and spark. Within a day or earlier they will send a new email with the file. Just use the same program to Download to the predator doing the same procedure, and the Predator will tell you if it worked allright or not. We had to try it twice before the predator took the new program. We both programed ours to do so, but I didn't change anything from my initial settings. It's pretty easing.

Yes it can be adjusted for cams and blowers, but they are limited on file types now. They will pay you for a custom tune to specific parameters to use it, then they will distribute that info to others for free when requested.

Like if you had a stock motor with a powerdyne, and had it custom tuned, they would buy that tune for you, test it out, and if there are no problems they will redistribute it to Predator purchasers. Ain't that freakin cool.