Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Predator users, What readings are you seeing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator users, What readings are you seeing?

I'm getting a custom diablo tune due to the fact the predator tune doesn't agree with my million dollar transmission but I logged some #'s with stock set up.

CONDITIONS-70* dry, cruising speed Just wondering with all the differant setups, what readings are you guys seeing?

IAT-69 (any one better with upd, I have kn cold air modified)
ECT-177-180 (I have 180 t-stat)
LTRIM bank 2?... 5%
MAP ? 4-9psi with throttle
SPARK- max 40 wot
MAF- ????lb/m
ho2s banks fluctuate betweedn 400-900 mv.
Any KR- I see 2-4* above 4500rpms briefly at wot.

Also who here has a stall with the predator tuner?
Old 06-19-2003, 02:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: Predator users, What readings are you seeing?

If I remember right some of mine are...

IAT- same as outside (as is yours)
ECT- 185-195 (with 180 t-stat)
LTRIM- right around zero (with FIPK & GMS)
MAP- ?
SPARK - I think 45 but I set it to +5% today so ?
MAF-?
02's- right around 880mv (wot)
KR- 0.00

Sorry, no stall yet.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats great that you guys are posting your Predator readings. I will have to run my truck today to check for my own readings.

Hey JWrench I recently ran my truck on a dyno with a wideband o2. I set the predator spark at only 3.5% and there was really no hp gain and I think even a bit of pinging, so I dont know if setting your spark to +5% is such a good idea.

I have similar mods as your truck except ASM headers, no Granatelli or thermostat.

I do have a 160 thermo from hypertech and just havent installed it. Heard anything on this thermo?
Old 06-19-2003, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like more Predator users to respond?
Hodgee, Full Float..etc I'm curios to see if the UPD shows cooler IAT than my current KN/ram air setup.
Also, Sent it To Johan for a custom tune today, Didn't have it downloaded because I would like it looked at first.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

oops,
Old 06-19-2003, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope Marineblue, No pinging here yet, At least none I can hear and no KR going on. Also running the PE at -1% too.

I want to get this thing on a dyno sooo bad to tweak it to the limit and see what numbers it'll lay down and then pull the program and run it stock and see what it loses.

Yeah a few degrees of timing is a few horses, If they would've done your dyno in rpm instead of mph, and you just do a third gear roll on you should see a gain each time you add timing up until you get KR.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:20 PM
TECH Addict

I wished i could find my sheet for you with my settings. I got about 25rwhp with it when i just had my UPD and single chokemaster. I dont know what mine is know, they backed my timing for my Nitrous application. I did notice it helped my bottum end a bit with this cam compared to not running the diablo at all. One of you Dallas boys that are good with a computer will have to help me do the download from my PC from diablo. Call Jason Penzo at PDQ performance and he might remember the settings i had
Old 06-20-2003, 05:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Creederado. I monitored my air intake temperature with the stock airbox, and it ran 4 degrees warmer than outside air temp when driving on the freeway for prolonged times of 15 minutes or longer. Around town my air temp was 8 to 18 degrees warmer depending on traffic. Since the Volant intake, it runs the same as the outside temp on the freeway almost as soon as I get on the freeway. Around town it runs about 4 degrees warmer than outside air, and only gets warmer when sitting at a long light, but as soon as I get moving it drops back to 4 degrees warmer within seconds. With the stock airbox, it would take a mile or two to drop back to about 8 to 10 degrees, ang got as hot as 27 degrees warmer when sitting at a light. Since the intake on the hot summer days, it takes off real nice from the light, and when it was stock, it would feal like I had a 4 cyclinder. Volant is not bullshitting. It does just as it garuntees, and the airbox does not seem to retain any heat, cause as soon as I get moving the Intake Air Temp drops instantly. Since doing all my mods, I drive with the predator plugged in alot to monitor the motor, and it runs great. I love this freakin thing, but I might loose it when I supercharge later.
Old 06-20-2003, 06:52 AM
Launching!

Red2k I'd like to know the settings that you had too. If you need help in the download and upload of the programming shoot me an email. I have their utility. It's really easy. They were working with me to get the e-fans to work with the pcm, but their program doesn't have the setting that needs to be changed yet. Hopefully he will in the next few weeks. He did send me a tune that he tweaked the tranny some so the changes done with the predator is a little more fine tuneable.
Lar
Old 06-20-2003, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So the pcm running the fans is a no go huh? I was wondering if anyone found out yet.

Quick Reply: Predator users, What readings are you seeing?