Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Procharger on Silverado SS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 03:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger on Silverado SS?

Just wondering if any silverado ss owners out there have a procharger on there truck and if they do how well does the 6.0 HO respond to it. I am seriously considering a procharger for mine and I just wanted to know how well it works on the ss. I really want a magnacharger but I am not going to spend the $5000 on one but I found a place where I can get a brand new procharger kit for around $3000.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

To start with what do you want the power for ?
Like daily driving or a race truck
I would suggest going with the Radix as i have had the ATI installed on my truck
3000 seems like a good price but there are extra costs to it
you will need to get tuning for the thing 500
new injectors 500
Stall convertor to actually get you outta the hole 800.00 plus install
I'm at almost 2 grand there
with the radix bolt it on and go you will make great power from off idle
If you Pm blownchevy he'd a mod he maybe able to find you a dealer that can get the setup for cheaper than 5k
Just my 2 cents
Old 01-01-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prochargers can make big hp,but remember that they are rpm dependent to make boost,where as a Magnacharger can make boost at lower revs.Also the $3000 Procharger price might be a little deceptive,you've got to remember that the Magnacharger kit comes with the big injectors[about $600]and tuning[about $600] that you'll need to add to the Procharger to get the performance you want.You'll also need a higher stall converter to get the Procharger into the powerband[figure another $6-900
+another $300 for install].You can see that the Procharger kit that costs $3000 can easily end up costing more than the Magnacharger.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

You might want to go over to Silveradoss.com.......I think there are a few guys with blowers....

GMC SKI is right, before you jump into your project figure out where you want to go first... I jumped in a little quick and did a Radix, but that was not enought for me.......Also remember if you get over 450hp put some $$$ in your trans....

Good Luck.....
Old 01-01-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

I would highly suggest a magnacharger over the procharger-i have a VHO radix charged with a 3200 stall and the bitch moves. As mentioned above the price for a procharger is a lil deceptive since there are a few things required that dont come with the kit. Magnacharger is a complete kit out of the box!!!!!!! And with a stall your gonna lose some power but kick *** at the track and on the street!!!!!!!!! Just my .02
Old 01-01-2005, 05:17 PM
FormerVendor

Thanks alot guys for the info, maybe I better sit down and think this one over a little more. I am not really building an all out race truck but I would like it to be pretty quick but still very driveable because it is a daily driver. I already have a cam, valve springs, headers, etc.... and it does run damn strong right now I just want more but not too much where it makes it a bitch to drive everyday.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
Thanks alot guys for the info, maybe I better sit down and think this one over a little more. I am not really building an all out race truck but I would like it to be pretty quick but still very driveable because it is a daily driver. I already have a cam, valve springs, headers, etc.... and it does run damn strong right now I just want more but not too much where it makes it a bitch to drive everyday.
Then if thats the case IMO you need to highly consider the Magnacharger Radix it is very daily driveable and realiable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!