Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

QTP Electric Cutouts

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP Electric Cutouts

I went to their site to get the info I needed for the openers and was impresed, so I wanted to share it with you guys.QTP (Quick Time Perfomance) has lots of truck goodies. I new that they had a few things, but now they have a lot more. Anyway, you guys running cutouts, they have the best electric opener out there. I've put a McCord on for another member of the site, and it lasted about a week before the gears stripped. He replaced it with a QTP about a year ago and it is still kicking. A lot of the F-body guys run them, and I haven't heard any complaining this far. Anyway, just throwing this option to you guys. I'll be FINALLY ordering mine (duals) this week. If you already have the cutout, you can just get the opener plates like me.

In case some of you havent noticed, a lot of the sponsors are getting heavy into the trucks now.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:10 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Default Re: QTP Electric Cutouts

would a gp be possible on these, i've been thinking about buying one but they seem a little pricey.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Banned

they are definatly pricey...i would love to have two of them, one behing each header for the strip so i don't have to jack up the truck and open a regular style cutout.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

You guys want to explain "pricey" to me? These are very well priced. You could go get Doug's for $400 each if you want pricey. Or you could get McCord power plates for the same price rnge and have it break on you in a month. IOM, they are well worth the price if you don't like to get out everytime you want them open. Also, the stealth factor of pulling up next to a ricer with a fart cannon and he throws a rev on you. Just reach down and flip the switch and whala! BURNT RICE! Sorry guys, they don't do GP's on these. But he may be able to do something for us on other items down the road if ther is a big enough intrest. More on that later.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:27 AM
14 Second Truck Club

hey greg, post some pics of these installed...outside the truck as well as inside if you can. maybe you can help me finally make a decision to get one or not.