Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Question about tranny

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 05:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about tranny

I just replaces my tranny with a junkyard one, well came out of a wrecked truck. I removed the vette servo and didn't go back with it. So the tranny is stock as far as i know and when i am at WOT, the shift is so hard that it jerks your head back and when torque managment takes over it falls back on its face..... HPPIII is set on stock shift firmness as well....

If i happen to have a shift kit in the tranny, and put the hppIII on that option would it mess up the tranny if i don't actually have a shift kit installed?

Thanks for the help..........
Old 09-26-2003, 06:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Default Re: Question about tranny

I just replaces my tranny with a junkyard one, well came out of a wrecked truck. I removed the vette servo and didn't go back with it. So the tranny is stock as far as i know and when i am at WOT, the shift is so hard that it jerks your head back and when torque managment takes over it falls back on its face..... HPPIII is set on stock shift firmness as well....

If i happen to have a shift kit in the tranny, and put the hppIII on that option would it mess up the tranny if i don't actually have a shift kit installed?

Thanks for the help..........
The HPP3 thing just bumps line pressure, so don't turn that function on. Enjoy your 4L60E while it lasts.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

... Enjoy your 4L60E while it lasts.
Words of the wise ...

Just as long as it isn't barking the tires at about half throttle you should be fine.

BTW ... THAT's a jaw jerking shift! These are big all terrains too that I was barking at less than half throttle, not measly street tires.
Old 09-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Well, i was told my a mechanic that my tranny was slipping thats why it was shifting so hard. I don't have the shift firmness on with the HPPIII. It shifts to dam hard. Tourque managment takes over so much that it falls on its face after it shifts...