Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Question, Corsa Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question, Corsa Owners

I just want to confirm that the weep hole in the muffler is on the INLET side, correct? I have the muffler only. This is on my 99 Sierrado.

Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 06:03 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Weep hole faces down and to the back so it can drain properly.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, but on some applications it looks like the weep hole is at the inlet.

The way I have it on now it with the weep hole at the outlet, but I think the muffler came off an 07 Tahoe 5.3. So I'm not sure if the weep hole is different on that.

My problem is the truck doesn't sound ANYTHING like how a Corsa should when compared to other truck videos or even when I had two Corvettes, each one had a Corsa on it. It just sounds very wheezy, and when you step on it then it sounds like wheezy on steroids. However you want to put it, it sounds like crap.

So I'm trying to figure out if maybe the muffler is backwards. I want to be sure though because it is welded in - I don't want to make 20 trips to the muffler shop, lol.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Can't compare the vette to the truck IMO. How is it ran?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know, the vettes have a dual exhaust, but even compared to other trucks like on youtube it doesn't sound that great.

Stock manifolds and cats, Corsa Muffler is where the OEM muffler was, and then a 3 inch pipe goes over the axle and exits the side with a single polished tip.

The truck runs pretty good though, it sounds good inside the cab, but outside it sounds like a wheezy tug boat. Just to make sure, I compression tested it and every cylinder was either 185 or 190. I supposed I could do a leak down too, but I see no reason given the cylinders are consistent and all the plugs look the same.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm, not sure
Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only thing I can think of right now is maybe the muffler is installed backwards - not sure if that would make a difference, but I would think that it would. I'm going to try to measure both the inlet and outlet pipe on the muffler because it seems like the slotted end always goes first.

Anyone with an 07 Tahoe know where their weep hole is?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive had 3 corsa systems and have installed a few more and ALL of them had the weep hole facing down and on the outlet side.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

If you don't trust everyone on here telling you that the weep hole faces down and is supposed to be the outlet just call corsa and ask them. That is how mine is installed and how every other corsa I've seen was installed. Do you have the sport or the touring kit? My sport sometimes gets on my nerves but the touring has always sounded good no matter whose vehicle I've heard it on. Although, I've never heard a corsa with stock manifolds and cats. The noise you're describing sounds like you have some restriction somewhere, possibly clogged cats? It would take a whole 15 minutes or less to turn the muffler around and try it the other way but everyone is telling you correctly, weep hole faces down at the outlet.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

My Corsa is as described above, weep hole down and towards the tailpipe end of the muffler....sounds wicked at WOT. This is clearly described in Corsa's install instructions.

Quick Reply: Question, Corsa Owners