Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Question, Corsa Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't my first Corsa system (probably not the last either). I have it installed how everyone else says. I'm just running out of ideas why it doesn't sound that good on the outside. I just have a sport muffler, not the whole cat-back. I doubt the cats are clogged, the truck would run terrible. Last I had to smog it all readings were below average.

I would gladly swap it around, but I had it welded in. It wouldn't hurt to call Corsa, but I better not say I just bought a muffler off of some guy or they will tell me to shut up and buy the whole system, lol.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

There's a reason they don't sell just the muffler. The Corsa is a meticulously designed exhaust system. That's probably why it doesn't sound right.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
There's a reason they don't sell just the muffler. The Corsa is a meticulously designed exhaust system. That's probably why it doesn't sound right.
Maybe. Maybe not. I agree with you that their systems are very meticulous. Second to none.

But on that same note, I think that pipes are pipes whether they are stainless or something else.

With my C5 I started out with a Corsa system, but eventually after long tubes and non Corsa x pipe, the only thing I had left were Corsa Mufflers and it was the most bad *** exhaust ever. Inside and outside.

I don't know why my truck is being weird like this.

If a whole cat-back would fix this, I would buy it, but I doubt it, and I would be pretty mad if I dumped all that money and it sounded the same.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Plenty of people are running just a muffler, PLENTY. And I have never read this issue.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, Corsa said if I make them a video they will listen to it and see if they notice anything.

I'm thinking that maybe something weird is going on with the engine. I took off the intermediate pipe and started the truck up. It really wasn't that loud. I expected it to be much louder from previous experiences.

I looked at the cat I could see, the passenger side, and the substrate appeared to be intact and had white/tan appearance.

I checked the fuel pressure. With the truck off it will hold 55psi (the bare minimum). While its running it will be around 50 psi and if I rev it, it will go up briefly then go into the high 40s. If I keep the engine at a constant RPM like 2000 or 3000 the pressure will drop to the high 40s.

So maybe I have an issue with my fuel pressure regulator or the fuel filter. But the fuel filter is like a year old - so I'm doubting that.

Seems like I have a lot more things to check.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

think you might have an exhaust leak somewhere?

My Corsa sports sounds great, especially after I added a loudmouth in front of it (to act as a resonator after cats were ditched).
Old 10-08-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nope, no leaks. I would have caught that already.

I rarely get the obvious problems anymore with cars, I get the ones that you have to dig and dig to figure out what it is.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Third Gear
Nope, no leaks. I would have caught that already.

I rarely get the obvious problems anymore with cars, I get the ones that you have to dig and dig to figure out what it is.
gremlin hunting sucks. I know exactly what you mean.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just go ahead and run with LTs and a ORY, that might fix the problem
Old 10-09-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, and while I'm at I'll throw in a baby cam, level 5 4L80E, AFR heads, TBSS intake, upgraded fuel pump, and a new rear end. Wait, scratch the intake - I'll just put a TVS blower on it too. lol, j/k

LTs would be nice, but I don't want to have to deal with them come smog time. It was worth it when I had my C5, for a normal truck it's not worth it. I just want that damn thing to run right.

Quick Reply: Question, Corsa Owners