Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Questions about some mods.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go with gears but if your gonna spray it then dont over do the gears or you just blow the tires off the truck........... so find a happy medium!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:53 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pacesetters arent even in same category as good headers like kooks, stainlessworks and ARH. swapping to a good brand alone sees a nice gain.

as for torque being in a truck, its funny you say that when a LS motor doesnt make torque of a SBC, its more designed for topend power. It was also proven that the 1 7/8 increase torque but its also up top where LS motors make torque.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:00 AM
5 year bitches!

funny as here is a post from Pat G with reference to how much a 1 7/8 is worth

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...9-rwtq-g8.html

i could go on and search more but im sure you get the point by now.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
a maf doesnt gain nothing, ditch it for sd
IMO unless your out flowing the MAF there is no reason to ditch it... As for buying the bigger one, well i would not recommend that... But given your mods i doubt your out flowing the MAF... I have however seen some post on efi live where some of the corvette guys have benefited from a bigger MAF...
Old 08-23-2010, 08:39 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
IMO unless your out flowing the MAF there is no reason to ditch it... As for buying the bigger one, well i would not recommend that... But given your mods i doubt your out flowing the MAF... I have however seen some post on efi live where some of the corvette guys have benefited from a bigger MAF...
it becomes a restriction in the intake tract when using a larger TB and intake manifold. So instead of wasting money on larger one just remove it as it wont affect the tune if it is removed on a GenIII pcm.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

funny as here is a post from Pat G with reference to how much a 1 7/8 is worth

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...9-rwtq-g8.html

i could go on and search more but im sure you get the point by now.
In post 19 of that thread Pat G states that the two headers make the same torque and the larger header makes slightly more power up top...may be because of the 4th gen's shitty y-pipe design...(LS1 346 cid)
Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a bigger MAF on my Vette... but I got a 102 intake and Ported 90MM TB to about the same.... made a huge difference... I picked up all most 30 RWHP from the LS1 intake but the throttle response was so much better throughout the RPM range
Old 08-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Resident Retard

it becomes a restriction in the intake tract when using a larger TB and intake manifold. So instead of wasting money on larger one just remove it as it wont affect the tune if it is removed on a GenIII pcm.
perhaps in some cases, but as for the original poster i doubt it is a restriction... Also if he goes to SD it will still cost him money anyways... I believe he uses HPT which i think a SD OS cost money correct? If he does not upgrade he will loose the low octane table, adaptive spark learning, and some fuel learning if memory serves correctly... so IMO it will affect his tune... then again he can just not upgrade and run with no safety features and pray not to get a bad tank of gas... Me personally i like having a safety net rather than running on the ragged edge...

just my .02... I am not saying buy a new MAF, i am saying no need to switch to SD when it is not needed....
Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 PM
5 year bitches!

perhaps in some cases, but as for the original poster i doubt it is a restriction... Also if he goes to SD it will still cost him money anyways... I believe he uses HPT which i think a SD OS cost money correct? If he does not upgrade he will loose the low octane table, adaptive spark learning, and some fuel learning if memory serves correctly... so IMO it will affect his tune... then again he can just not upgrade and run with no safety features and pray not to get a bad tank of gas... Me personally i like having a safety net rather than running on the ragged edge...

just my .02... I am not saying buy a new MAF, i am saying no need to switch to SD when it is not needed....
Doesn't cost No money to go SD. This Were incorrect info is spread around the net. You don't lose anything going sd
Old 08-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Resident Retard

So the custom os to regain your low octane table is free with hp tuners?

Quick Reply: Questions about some mods.