Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Questions about some mods.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
Doesn't cost No money to go SD. This Were incorrect info is spread around the net. You don't lose anything going sd
According to HPTs website its two additional credits on top of the licensing credits for the actual vehicle
http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php
Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so i understand I dont really need to upgrade the maf and it could help or maybe not help goin SD. Well i will jus stay where im at for now.

As for gears im running 4.10 now and going to 4.56

Converter im running a 3800

Talked to someone at TSP today and they said it wouldnt give but around 7-10 rwhp for me on the headers
Old 08-23-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by regency
Talked to someone at TSP today and they said it wouldnt give but around 7-10 rwhp for me on the headers
That's a lot of coin for 7-10 at the rear.

I think you'll like the step up to 4.56, but you will loose some highway mpg, and if your exhaust drones now, it will probably get worse b/c you'll be running at higher rpm's for the same speed as before. Just something to consider.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

well with me working so far away from home now i have a different DD that gets 30MPG!!!!!! LOL

But yea i figured the mileage would go down, and since i really drive it on the weekends im ok with that.

Im gonna do the gears and dyno and go from there. Im starting to get the itch for some new power, but im not really wanting to spend the money right now. So im kinda bandaiding it. I have a LS2 block thats bored .030 over that i want to put together but i really need to wait
Old 08-23-2010, 07:17 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
According to HPTs website its two additional credits on top of the licensing credits for the actual vehicle
http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_enhance.php
thats enhance SD which is worthless unless you want to do RTT. you still have high octane and low octane with SD with regular OS. Ive ran this with no issues and least 3 of my customers run it this way with no issues.

hell tuning 101 of hptuners says disable maf and tune SD. says nothing about new OS table
Old 08-23-2010, 07:23 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regency
well with me working so far away from home now i have a different DD that gets 30MPG!!!!!! LOL

But yea i figured the mileage would go down, and since i really drive it on the weekends im ok with that.

Im gonna do the gears and dyno and go from there. Im starting to get the itch for some new power, but im not really wanting to spend the money right now. So im kinda bandaiding it. I have a LS2 block thats bored .030 over that i want to put together but i really need to wait
curious as to how you have a ls2 bored .030

also to some saying 10 hp isnt worth the coin, ppl pay more money for same gains. there is a point in this hobby where you have to spend more money to get the next gain. when so & so is whooping your *** on the track and you wonder why he is when you guys have similar mods but he spent the extra money on the other items. youll then realize why the other few mods are worth it.

hell skeets is running 1 7/8 stepped to 2" primaries for headers. his headers new are 1200 bucks so to some was it not worth him spending that coin on them? wait he is the fastest NA 6.0 around and hes also faster then larger cube motors. 11.3@119 says something about choosing the right parts

hell ppl spend 1k-1200 on a fast swap and you gain 10-20 hp on average, EWP is 650 for 7-12 rwhp

you want power and want go fast you got spend the coin where its needed

i have same headers as skeets has and going on a 5.7
Old 08-23-2010, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also to some saying 10 hp isnt worth the coin, ppl pay more money for same gains. there is a point in this hobby where you have to spend more money to get the next gain. when so & so is whooping your *** on the track and you wonder why he is when you guys have similar mods but he spent the extra money on the other items. youll then realize why the other few mods are worth it.
Yeah I got the same thing when I put the fast 102 and accompanying mods on my vette why spend so much money only to gain 28 RHP ..... its not the dyno numbers I was looking for its the ET. plus the car runs better through the RPM range
Old 08-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

thats enhance SD which is worthless unless you want to do RTT. you still have high octane and low octane with SD with regular OS. Ive ran this with no issues and least 3 of my customers run it this way with no issues

hell tuning 101 of hptuners says disable maf and tune SD. says nothing about new OS table
When you fail the maf the computer automatically defaults to the low octane table. This is why a custom os was created to regain use of both tables. That is why in every tutorial i have ever read it says to copy the high octane spark table to the low octane table.

That is tuning 101, hopefully you misunderstood what we were talking about.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hell skeets is running 1 7/8 stepped to 2" primaries for headers. his headers new are 1200 bucks so to some was it not worth him spending that coin on them? wait he is the fastest NA 6.0 around and hes also faster then larger cube motors. 11.3@119 says something about choosing the right parts

hell ppl spend 1k-1200 on a fast swap and you gain 10-20 hp on average, EWP is 650 for 7-12 rwhp

I understand that going fast is expensive, my opinion is that the money would be better saved for bigger cubes by boring and/or stroking it, or on a top notch set of heads. 1 3/4" headers on a 5.7 aren't choking it out.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

well the bore of the LS2 block is for a 408 rotating assembly.

Also im not saying i wont spend the money on this stuff, i just dont want to spend it if im not going to gain anything or actually loose power.

Quick Reply: Questions about some mods.