Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

A.R. Headers G.P. 1999-06 6.0L Truck Systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:59 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow what a differance.
A few quick mock up pics before sending out for the ceramic coating.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old y-pipe is kinda interesting looking I really like your truck it's definately different
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Resident

Beautiful header setup, just wish they were affordable. Not trying to take away from you guy's work or products, as you definitely get what you pay for...... But it would be nice to be able pick up a quality product such as yours for less than 1k.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:11 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SlvrSierra4.8
Beautiful header setup, just wish they were affordable. Not trying to take away from you guy's work or products, as you definitely get what you pay for...... But it would be nice to be able pick up a quality product such as yours for less than 1k.
the couple extra hundred is well worth it. These things fit great,and with the primary tube designs the exhaust flow will greatly improve horspower/torque,throttle response,and most of all tone!

wish these were avail years ago! they would have changed the way the competion is doing theirs.

5 stars from me Tom,Nick!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:10 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, those headers are so nice looking, the primaries really look like they're equal length from the pics, I like how the rear primary kinda loops around as opposed to going straight down like most LT's out there. The ball flanges are awesome too
Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 PM

This sale is ending on Tues. March 31 so if your on the fence you have a couple days left
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Tom, what are your thoughts about ceramic coating your headers?
Being stainless steel you shouldn't have to worry about corrosion but what about excessive under hood heat
Old 03-27-2009, 04:51 PM

I get this question all the time and I have a standard response I cut and paste into any thread that needs it. This is directly from Nick.

Guys, Contrary to what's been said on this forum I'd like to take a moment to clear the air. I posted this on another thread but it bares repeating.
There's absolutely no reason to coat ARH headers. Can we do it? Yes. Have we done it and continue to do it? Of course. Is it necessary? No. While it may be necessary to coat certain materials for corrosion resistance, for some it's done because their trying to cover up something that isn't stainless. Believe me, this happens quite often. In our industry we call it "cutting corners".

Stainless by design holds the heat in extremely well. We've sold thousands of headers to date and we've never had a single heat related problem. When we use coatings it's usually for high boost turbo or blown applications where heat can reach levels far beyond what any street driven vehicle can produce. In those applications we use Swain Tech header coatings as they are by far the very best for extreme conditions. The only other circumstances that demands coatings is on the rare occasion we custom build something using mild steel. One thing that separates us from other header manufacturers is that we leave no stone unturned. We use the highest grade U.S. made 304 S/S for 2 reasons. 1. because it's extremely durable. 2. because coatings are unnecessary.
Ask yourselves this, when was the last time you looked under the hood of any exotic sportscar with factory tubular headers and saw coatings used? I rest my case.

Nick
Old 03-27-2009, 05:31 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Excellent response Tom....been wanting to ask you, are the primaries on those headers (pictured) equal length? They sure look like it, or close to it.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM

no but they are pretty close

Quick Reply: A.R. Headers G.P. 1999-06 6.0L Truck Systems