Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

racetronics fuel pump pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 10:55 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default racetronics fuel pump pic's

this is a fuel pump moduel from racetronics made spacificaly for our trucks, it is a special order deal and took about 2 months+ to get. it cost $550 plus i had to send them a stock moduel. the pumps are walbro gss340m's. one of these pumpse is good for something like 600+rwhp, i am running 2 of them but with a stock line so it wont be good for 1200rwhp, i would guess 900+though.

$550 seems like alot but their work seems prety high quality, the conectors, fuse holders, relays, wiring harness all seem like factory quality. it is suppose to be plug and play set up and does apear that it will be. there is one pair of conectors that alow you to control the pumps if you want, i ordered a hobs switch option wich will just plug in and allow me to turn on the 2nd pump at a preset boost level.

i am a little concerend about the pickups sucking air at times, i dont know how all that works but it seems like the factory bucket was designed to help avoid this, there is basicaly no bucket now, the bottom and side are cut out of it. if there are no baffles or sump in the tank i could see fuel starvation problems when the tank is low on fuel.

for anyone interested i took a bunch of pic's, they are all stored here >> http://www.neufamily.org/fuel%20pump%20pic's
Old 03-20-2004, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racetronics makes a quality product, I am running their dual intank in my truck and am completely satisfied. The cool thing about the dual 340's is that you can't even tell they are in there, the only other option is an external pump such as a weldon and those things are noisy as hell. Good choice.
Old 03-20-2004, 11:54 AM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Blown Yellow
Racetronics makes a quality product, I am running their dual intank in my truck and am completely satisfied. The cool thing about the dual 340's is that you can't even tell they are in there, the only other option is an external pump such as a weldon and those things are noisy as hell. Good choice.

do you run out of fuel sooner than stock? or under load or braking where it didn't before?
Old 03-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not had any issues yet but I have yet to let the fuel level get much lower than half a tank. Any issues that might arrise would not be noticed unless you are limping towards the gas station.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:06 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice. Is it in yet?
Old 03-23-2004, 05:32 PM
single digit dreamer

it is in, they advertize plug and play and it truely was. very high quality and easy to install.

i fired up both pumps to see where the fuel presure went to and suprizingly it only went up to about 67psi. i will leave out one fuse for now and just run one, probably leave it like that till i have fuel issues and then fire up the other one with the hob's switch.

one thing i can say for sure, this pump will suck air under hard acceleration with low fuel, there are no baffles in the tank and no basket reserve like the stock unit and the pick up is dead center in the tank. i think i will consider 1/4 tank an absolute minimum if i want to race.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:10 PM
single digit dreamer

finialy got around to fireing up the truck and guess what, the pumps flow ALOT more when the truck is running , at idle with one pump it is at 58psi, with 2 pumps it is up around 80psi

i need alot more power before i will ever need to activate that 2nd pump.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Whoa! So you didnt' have the truck running the first time?

Maybe I'll just get a hot wired wiring harness and BAP for a single walboro install.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:25 PM
single digit dreamer

i hot wired single walbro will take you a long ways, i plan on going farther
Old 03-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by parish8
i hot wired single walbro will take you a long ways, i plan on going farther

Yeah, supposedly a hotwired single with a BAP will get to over 700rwhp with a rail mounted regulator and maybe some modified rails.

Quick Reply: racetronics fuel pump pic's