Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix Blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 04:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've decided on a Radix from BlownChevy, MA is just too far to drive. Even though a cross country would be nice . BlownChevy, how much would it cost to install a radix and a torque converter, and how many days would it take? Willows, where I live, is 90 miles north of Sacramento. Is there a break in period where I shouldn't drive the truck for extended amounts of time after a Radix/Torque Converter install?
Thanks
Old 12-27-2003, 09:34 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
The price of the Radix is going to stay pretty much where it is. MagnaCharger makes sure of this by protecting the price with regular anonymous phone calls and e-mails to their dealers. If the price gets driven down by a price matching war it totally de-values the product and ruins any future R&D by the manufacture for newer kits for new models released my GM. You have to remember that in that price is the cost of alot of research and development + the cost of tooling. You have to look at what you are getting with the Radix kit, not just a blower with some stand alone computer and some extra crap to "make" it work. You are getting a complete proven package that performs as well as it looks!

Tiburon: I like competition too, it keeps the blood pumping! Don’t always make your choice based on price alone.....Look into the future with the product you are buying and the retailer you are getting it from.
Well said BlownChevy!!!!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 10:12 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
I've decided on a Radix from BlownChevy, MA is just too far to drive. Even though a cross country would be nice . BlownChevy, how much would it cost to install a radix and a torque converter, and how many days would it take? Willows, where I live, is 90 miles north of Sacramento. Is there a break in period where I shouldn't drive the truck for extended amounts of time after a Radix/Torque Converter install?
Thanks
xXxSilveradoxXx: E-mail me and we can work out the details! bzacuto@projectrwear.com
Old 12-27-2003, 10:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I've decided on a Radix from BlownChevy, MA is just too far to drive. Even though a cross country would be nice
What's a little 6000 mile trip? Your both in CA so BlownChevy will be able to take care of you for the install. He is right about the whole pricing issue. Granted we all want to save some cash but customer service and support are other things to take into consideration. You also want to purchase from a company that is well estabilished in the industry and will be around in the future to help you with your needs.

Enjoy your new mod!

Tom
Old 12-28-2003, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm caught in the crossfire!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 04:39 PM
blownerator

LMAO! No crossfire! Tom is A+++
Old 12-28-2003, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

No it's more like a Just don't get caught in the Middle
Old 12-28-2003, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey, I like that penguin video

There are plenty of customers for both companys. Brain and I are on the board alot and we both promote a few of the same products. I think it's obvious that we both like the Radix kits To bad they won't have one for the big block trucks.

Tom

2002 8.1 Silverado HD - Comp Cam, TOGs headers, Volant induction, Direct Hits ignition, 8" lift 18" wheels/tires + more
2002 8.1 Suburban -Intercooled Whipple supercharger, TOGs headers, Volant induction, 22" wheels/tires + more - 407hp/558 ft-lb torque at the rear wheels.

www.tbyrnemotorsports.com
Old 12-29-2003, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

Good, no crossfire.
"You also want to purchase from a company that is well estabilished in the industry and will be around in the future to help you with your needs." -TBryne. That threw me for a loop. (Sorry, I still can't quote, damnit) BlownChevy I was busy today, I'll send you an E-Mail tomorrow (12-29-03) with all my details.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:39 AM
blownerator

Good, no crossfire.
"You also want to purchase from a company that is well estabilished in the industry and will be around in the future to help you with your needs." -TBryne. That threw me for a loop. (Sorry, I still can't quote, damnit) BlownChevy I was busy today, I'll send you an E-Mail tomorrow (12-29-03) with all my details.

You got it XXX! I can't wait to work with you!

Quick Reply: Radix Blower