Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix or CMS Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix or CMS Turbo?

Lets hear some pros and cons. This is for a 04 custom Avalanche that I use a my daily driver and to occasoinally tow a race car on the weekends. I am not looking to set any records with this truck. I want it to pull a lot better while towing and supprise the crap out of an unsuspecting vehicle at the light . The cost is close enough that I don't want to let that make my decision. The only reason so far I am leaning a little toward the Radix right now is I would like to have it done by the Hot Rod Power Tour which is only a month away. Seth is telling me 2-3 weeks on the headers. I can get the Radix right away.

If its the turbo I am looking at the small kit and not changing any other internals, Yet
Old 05-08-2004, 10:56 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if your not looking to break some records and based on your goals i think the radix is much better suited for you(for now).

there is no way you will have a turbo kit in 2-3weeks from seth, he is a super nice guy and a great knowlage source but i dont think these kits are ready for quick shipment just yet. there are a few issues i had to work thru and i dont know if he has them implemented on the future kits yet. 6 months from now i am prety sure they will be ready to bust out these kits like mad and i would be pushing for the turbo.

once the bugs are all worked out i think the turbo kit will be the best for most people especialy considering the reasonable price of the kit. the adjustability of the turbo with no pullys to buy and the greater max airflow capasity that is avaliable for the futrue if you decide to push it are 2 great reasons to go with the turbo.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:27 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I'd have to agree with Parish.

I really like the turbo idea better than a blower just for the adjustability so that I why I chose to go that route but I am also a lil more extreme with my truck than some people.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Radix is probably the way to go it comes complete and is a straight forward bolton,I think I would install it just as it comes from the factory if you are planning to run the Hot Rod Power Tour.When you start adding mods to a Radix setup drivetrain durability can quikly become a problem.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just a quick question, how do you get a hold of Seth? I would like to talk to him.

Todd
Old 05-08-2004, 09:16 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
Just a quick question, how do you get a hold of Seth? I would like to talk to him.

Todd
go to http://www.cmotorsports.com

the number is there, just ask for seth.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

seth is the moda ****** man. too bad he's bald or else he'd be cool

PS: how much are their kits?
Old 05-09-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

the Kits Go for 4999.00 with Everything you need including tuning and fuel system upgrade
Old 05-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Do you know when production of the kits will be increased. I know just a couple of you guys have recieved the turbo kit, or will shortly. I am very interested, and ready to sign up for the kit. Anyone who talks to Seth will they post up how to get in line for a kit. I want to be at the top, I know that Parish's video might make the wait time longer
Old 05-09-2004, 11:45 PM
single digit dreamer

like i said before, seth is a super nice guy and a great resource, that being said you need to take however long he says for the turbo and x4 that amount of time.

Quick Reply: Radix or CMS Turbo?