Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix GT2-3, LS2 90MM TB Results 94 RWHP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I don't have any dyno sheets for you guys, so call BS if you want. But my truck had our stock tune in it and dyno'd at 331. After Crash tuned it to the ragged edge, it only went another 18hp. and that was to the RAGGED edge. After the GT2-3 I netted somewhere in the neighborhood of 65rwhp. So 50hp left in the tune is BS. Actually, my truck (see sig) is making almost identical numbers with identical motors and identical mods as the one Blown just posted...
Old 05-08-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe the '03 tune with the 3.30" pulley for a SS just isn't or wasn't that good? Has the tuning changed over the last couple of years? Hard to believe that there haven't been any improvements in the tune, but I can believe it. You guys would know, of course. All I know is 16* at WOT to 22* at WOT is how much? Based on Brian's graphs? 6*.

For the most part, I was able to go to 19* on average on WOT runs and grippy can say whether or not my graphs showed that. Brian's graphs showed 37hp increase with only 3* of timing increase. There are spots in my runs with 22* sustained WOT, but not from a dead stop. So even if it was only 3*, going with Brian's posted results, that's 37hp. I have some with slightly higher timing runs, but the one I sent was the clearest with 0 KR.

I guess you can always say my EFILive logging software was fouled?

Last edited by BenKey; 05-08-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

BenKey, you have quite a bit of work done to your engine. Are these tuning numbers with your current engine or on just a mildly stock cammed Radix'ed 6.0L?
Also, what type of fuel are you using with your 22* total timing @ WOT?
Your compression ratio tells me that you are running a bit more than 93oct fuel. I could be wrong, but just doesn't seem likely. You can usually bump up timing with an adequate amount of octane.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I will say that my truck was "fairly" heavily modded, more so than the one tested. Tuning however, did not really start until after most of them. The stock Radix tune is still 16* WOT.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had 77cc heads that I put on. It lowered the stock CR of 10:1 to about 9.6:1. Close to the 5.3L tested CR. It allowed a couple more degrees of timing from what I had been doing before. I only had a few changes made to my tuning before I swapped my heads. The cam wasn't very large at all. But like I said, 99% of my tuning was not until after most of my mods and I only used a higher octane fuel once when I was chasing some false KR issues. It ended up being false and I never changed any of my timing based on the results of it. I ran 93 for everything I did.

Also, it is not believed that the run I sent grippy was not with 9.5lbs of boost, it also shows a maxed out lb/min of 60.1. Can't do that on a pulley any larger.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Question

Originally Posted by BenKey
I will say that my truck was "fairly" heavily modded, more so than the one tested. Tuning however, did not really start until after most of them. The stock Radix tune is still 16* WOT.
Then this argrument is like comparing apples to oranges in a way. I hate that saying, but I used it anyways.
So is it safe to say that my stock LQ9, with a GT2-3 cam, an intercooled Radix, and an agressive Nelson tune, will not safely run at 22* total timing at WOT on 93oct fuel?

Jim
Old 05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

No maybe not 22*. How much is it running now? It should be able to go to 19*, if I had to guess.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHEVY6000VHO
Then this argrument is like comparing apples to oranges in a way. I hate that saying, but I used it anyways.
So is it safe to say that my stock LQ9, with a GT2-3 cam, an intercooled Radix, and an agressive Nelson tune, will not safely run at 22* total timing at WOT on 93oct fuel?

Jim
Apples to Oranges - I didn't have the LS2 intake or the 90mm tb. They say this allowed them to go a 3* higher in the tune, or was it 2*. My head change gave me 2 more.

Not quite an apples to oranges comparison, but maybe not exactly the same.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BenKey
No maybe not 22*. How much is it running now?
That's just it, I'm not currently there yet, but I will be doing it this summer.
I just try to capture as much accurate info as possible before I make my final decisions on my upcoming mods.
I've been looking into this set-up for quite some time now. Even though I do not have this done yet, I've read enough as of so far to know what is feasible and what is dangerous.
I just try to place my .02 in places where I think is needed whaen it has something to do with my future mods.
I do not know what total timing I will be able to run safely with my mods yet.
I will let Allen set it on his Dyno, then with a live street tune when the time comes. I will however get base dyno runs with the stock Radix tune, then with his tuning, then a smaller pulley, then to see what some added octane may allow with an increase in total timing @ WOT.
Until then......lol, I can only talk out loud!
Just trying to let everyone see what exactly we are comparing before this **** match gets any further down this thread.

Jim
Old 05-08-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never said my mods compared to the one tested here. I only said that you could get as much as 50hp. Will you get more the more mods you have - that is the widely believed belief. Maybe I got more out of mine, based on how much I had done before I started tuning?

Don't know, don't care. My Radix is history. It won't feed a 410 to my liking.

Quick Reply: Radix GT2-3, LS2 90MM TB Results 94 RWHP