Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

radix help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radix help needed

ok i have installed magna charger and love the results, but when i start the truck the idle starts at 2k then drops down, the ses came on and only found one code for high idle, cleared code and ran truck and light came back on next day, same code, truck runs awsome and due to the fact that it no longer fits in garage due to lift and tires and the cold weather i haven't had very much oppurtunity to check it out since install, but could not see anything obvious, anybody have any ideas what i could have screwed up
Old 12-28-2004, 02:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe you missed a plug on the throttle body, or maybe the MAP sensor. If everything seems plugged up right, maybe a vacuum leak. Get a can of carb cleaner or WD40 and se if you can find a vacuum leak.
Old 12-28-2004, 02:53 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Year make and model of truck please
Old 12-28-2004, 03:01 AM
On The Tree

2000 chevy silverado 5.3L
Old 12-28-2004, 03:05 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by mjgjr72
2000 chevy silverado 5.3L

With that said, I would look closely at the fuel pressure regulator. Remove and reinstall it with PLENTY of lube (Vaseline) on the o-rings.

This is a common problem with new installs, the little black o-ring gets kinked, or pushed in wrong and it causes the problems you are describing. IF that does not work, you need to look for a vacuum leak like Flyer recommended. Keep us posted.

PS dont be shy with the Vaseline......trust me on this one
Old 12-28-2004, 03:06 AM
blownerator

You should also make sure your TB gasket is intalled properly. They are easy to put on backwords, this will cause a vacuum leak also.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:07 AM
blownerator

Another thing to check if the above does not pan out.

You may have ripped one of the intake gaskets when setting the blower down on the heads.........This is the LAST thing to check
Old 12-28-2004, 03:14 AM
On The Tree

had no vas used silicon lube, may be a few days before i get a chance to check, there is 4" of snow out there and like i said it don't fit in the garage no more, thanks for the advise i'll let ya know.

mike
Old 12-28-2004, 03:16 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by mjgjr72
had no vas used silicon lube, may be a few days before i get a chance to check, there is 4" of snow out there and like i said it don't fit in the garage no more, thanks for the advise i'll let ya know.

mike

OK let me know if you need any other help. I happen to know a guy that works at MagnaCharger I am pretty sure your problem is in the Fuel Pressure regulator....but I am wrong every once and a while.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:34 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
OK let me know if you need any other help. I happen to know a guy that works at MagnaCharger I am pretty sure your problem is in the Fuel Pressure regulator....but I am wrong every once and a while.
well tell them they make a nice kit, the first s/c kit i got from powerdyne was a peice of junk, the bolts where the wrong thread, brackets didn't fit right, serp belt was wrong and the head unit locked up 10k down the road, on a desolite stretch of highway in vermont in the middle of winter, the magna charger puts it to shame, for install and performance, i am very happy with and a little amazed at the performance increase

Quick Reply: radix help needed