Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

radix help needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:31 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjgjr72
i am very happy with and a little amazed at the performance increase
Take a number.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn .. Why didn't I think of that o-ring.

The silicone stuff works good too. If you try hard enough, you can get to it pretty easily in the truck. Just make sure the fuel pressure is released first. If it's been sitting for a little while, it will be OK. If it's been running lately, then start the truck up and pull the fuel pump fuse and let it die. Once it dies turn the key OFF, then replace the fuse and check the o-ring.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mjgjr72
ok i have installed magna charger and love the results, but when i start the truck the idle starts at 2k then drops down, the ses came on and only found one code for high idle, cleared code and ran truck and light came back on next day, same code, truck runs awsome and due to the fact that it no longer fits in garage due to lift and tires and the cold weather i haven't had very much oppurtunity to check it out since install, but could not see anything obvious, anybody have any ideas what i could have screwed up
When I installed one on my old truck it did the same thing. One of my wires I spliced for the idle controller was loose. I'd recheck all of the wire connections you had to extend for the tps and idle controller on the throttle body.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:27 AM
14 Second Truck Club

oh, woe is me and my high IAT.

yes, brian likes being very liberal with the vaseline. quick fix.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:27 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did it fix your problem?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onyx
brian likes being very liberal with the vaseline. quick fix.
That's a little to much info ...
Old 12-28-2004, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlownChevy

Did it fix your problem?
probably will not get time to check it out till this weekend, but i'll definatly let ya know what i find
Old 12-28-2004, 08:45 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Do you guys mind if I intrude with my issue? >

I've got a low surging idle. My truck has a mild cam, so its idle is just a bit choppy. With tuning, its idles fine and hasn't had an issue in well over a year. Now, radix went in last week. I've set my idle at 800 rpms and it still stumbles. Its not loping really. When you stab the throttle it falls way past idle. Most of the time it catches up and gets back to idle, but sometimes it just dies. If I try to slowly take off in drive or reverse, it dies sometimes. This never happened before the radix. I haven't changed anything with the tuning to alter the idle. Any clues?

One other thing, its been much harder to start. I thought it may be the fuel regulator bleeding down, so I've left it plenty of time to prime before starting. Sometimes it may take a full 5 seconds of cranking to start. Never had this problem before either.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:59 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
Do you guys mind if I intrude with my issue? >

I've got a low surging idle. My truck has a mild cam, so its idle is just a bit choppy. With tuning, its idles fine and hasn't had an issue in well over a year. Now, radix went in last week. I've set my idle at 800 rpms and it still stumbles. Its not loping really. When you stab the throttle it falls way past idle. Most of the time it catches up and gets back to idle, but sometimes it just dies. If I try to slowly take off in drive or reverse, it dies sometimes. This never happened before the radix. I haven't changed anything with the tuning to alter the idle. Any clues?

One other thing, its been much harder to start. I thought it may be the fuel regulator bleeding down, so I've left it plenty of time to prime before starting. Sometimes it may take a full 5 seconds of cranking to start. Never had this problem before either.
You too have been bitten by the Fuel Pressure regulator. R&R it. Let me know.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:16 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

My kit came with the regulator and all other sensors already installed. I didn't remove it to check it out before installation. I've got a couple of extras, so I'll lube up another one and throw it in. Tell your friend who works at Magnuson thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: radix help needed