Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix HP Limit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 04:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didnt mean that i want to leave it unanswered. At this time no one has a dyno sheet to prove it can make that power. I would love to see one but until then it doesnt matter what anyone says bc there is no proof. parish when is that turbo set up going to be done. That thing is gona be sick. I thought about a turbo on mine b4 the radix but i couldnt find any kits. A guy out of NY, Job Specter of Turbo People was gona make me 1 but it would have been major $$$$$$.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:54 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, I go and take a nice afternoon nap and come back to this......Boys, Boys.....its all HP any way you look at it! Who cares who makes more, what makes more......Who is faster, who is not......This is supposed to be fun!

Its posts like this that make me wonder why I spend the money I do to advertise here.......

Whipple, Kenne Bell, sure they flow better.....Sure they make more power I have NEVER said they don't. And why is it so hard to believe that the Eaton can't make the power? You asked the question on the F-150 board and got an answer.........You asked to be proven wrong about the Eaton making more than 500 RWHP and you were.

Having done this as long as I have and installed every kit available, I have seen the results, heard the complaints about EVERY one of them and the Radix just seems to be a better ALL AROUND kit. Yes the others FLOW better, why would the L guys be taking the Eaton off and running the KB and getting 75 hp more with the same about of boost?

LTNKLR is making 389rwhp and 397rwt and running a 12.6 @104 60' 1.71 on a 4.8! Man that’s something else!
Reaper makes a good point about whipple and their lack of homework on the Chevy.
Low2000 makes a good point about and the porting available
riped427 proves that the Radix is capable of the 500RWHP mark
parish8 makes a good point with the flow charts and comparisons between the three kits

We all make good points about the three kits so let’s do this. One person install the Kenne bell, one person install the Whipple, and one person install the Radix. Then we will compare ease of installation, “completeness” of the kits, and overall performance of the three. I predict that the Magnacharger Radix will come out on top in all three comparisons. Why do you think I push them so hard? Why do you think I don’t sell the others? I can get them, I can sell them, I have in the past and I think that they are JUNK in more way than one.

Sorry, just me .02 after a nice long nap!
Old 12-14-2003, 05:10 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone asked a question that has been asked before, in fact i think i asked it once before. what is the max capibility of the radix. it is a good question and there is no reason not to try and dig up same acurate info.

there is no arguing that the radix kit is the cleanest, most complete and most ready to run out of the box kit out there. but for several of us the question of weather it can make 500 or 600hp is very important. in fact if i thought it could make 600rwhp i would have got one a long time ago.

as far as an answer to the original question, i dont know if the 522hp qualifies, that blower has been modified and the dyno chart is not the SAE corected numbers.

i am not sure why this question is bothering people, if the highest number we can find is 490hp then that is great now we know, if it turns out to be 610hp then even better. nothing wrong with looking for the answer.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:31 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I just read at Lingenfelters site, they made 500hp (at the crank) with the Hummer H2 kit. That truck weighs 6500 lbs and ran a 14.41@95.04mph. To run that ET and MPH at that weight it requires roughly 449.6 RWHP. Now, they also said that they were running a street friendly and 2yr warrantied 7lbs of boost with a restricted air intake. With this in consideration, I would think that 500 RWHP could be obtained by upping the boost and timing but would require the use of better fuel. They also offer a 415 inch stroker version which will in no doubt up the horsepower level. Here is a link where they put a magnacharger on a C5 corvette Z06 with heads, cam, etc. and it made 511RWHP with an agressive tune up and 100 octane gas. 500RWHP I say for sure, 600RWHP I say maybe, with more cubic inches and a more agressive valve train (not quite so streetable). Either way, its one bad unit. I can't wait to get one!

http://www.lingenfelter.com/images/ShannonZO6ATI.mpg
Old 12-14-2003, 05:50 PM
single digit dreamer

thats some good info, couple things to note about that z06, it has a stick so in a truck it would dyno lower BUT i dont think the vette's come with an intercooler so that would help some.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I as a Radix owner would really like to see a dyno sheet from Ripped 427,to see the true HP potential of the Radix supercharger.The dyno sheets would reveal what kind of flow the blower gives when spun beyond 14,000 rpm as Ripped 427 uses a 2.75" pulley and revs over 6000 engine rpm.I've seen the mp112 charts from Eaton and the graph stops at 14,000 blower rpms,while I have heard of Ford Lightning exceeding 16,000 rpms on a regular basis.It's possible that a Radix spun to 16,000 rpm might exceed 1000 cfm and that the charts shown on the Magnuson website reflect the flow of a standard mp112 and not the Radix112 with revised porting,from my experience with Magnuson they tend to publish very conservative numbers that their customers regularly exceed.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:21 PM
single digit dreamer

lets take a look at the charts for that example. we know it flows well so hopefully the boost wont be real high. lets call it 5psi since they have that line on their chart.

5psi at 16000rpm would be ~1000cfm if you extend that table. that is about 700flywheel hp. at only 5psi the hp to drive the blower is only around 60hp.

so call that 640hp x 80% = 512 RWHP

with a 2.75" pully at 6000rpm the blower would be at 16,600rpm and if he goes over 6000rpm then it would be even higher and more hp.

riped427, go get that bitch dynoed!!! i have an apointment for my truck on the 29th of this month just to see where i am at right now. there is a shop localy that is charging $70 for an hour of dyno time. that is alot cheaper than it used to be.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Banned

the only real way to find out which one of the blowers is superior is to put one of each of them on the same truck, with the blower change being the only difference between all three tests/dyno runs etc. Brian, you fund this project and i'll supply the test mule.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

I was told last week by the Magnuson folks that at 7 PSI of boost, the Radix is operating at its maximum efficiency. Any more boost than that, and the efficiency of the modified-roots design of the blower begins to wane.
Old 12-14-2003, 06:30 PM
single digit dreamer

slow, the question isn't wich is superior. max hp is not the same as being the best.

as has been said over and over, for most people the radix is the superior kit.

Quick Reply: Radix HP Limit?