Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix Install Tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix Install Tips

Well...mr post man brought me 2 care packages today courtesy of Magnacharger...haha! And i think i've decided to tackle the install myself. for all of you guys that have anyready done it....what are some tips you can give me? any surprises i can expect? any extra tools? i have a few days to prepare....i think im gonna go for it tues-thurs.
also, i know someone posted it before...but what mod has to be done to keep the K&N FIPK shroud and filter?
thanks for the info,
chris
Old 06-26-2004, 03:17 AM
12 Second Truck Club

just set aside a day and follow the directions and you will be fine. after that just mash the gas and enjoy
Old 06-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Watch out for the step about the vaccum hose to the fuel pressure regulator that might not be in your install manual. My manual missed that step, but everything else was perfect.

Just trim and bend a little to make the FIPK shroud fit.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

It is really a straight forward install. I was shocked at how easy it was. My second one ... I didn't even use the instruction booklet, it's that easy.

Make sure you have someone help you set the blower on the manifold and DO NOT drag it across. You will crush the gaskets and that might cause problems. Don't forget to hook up the MAP sensor when the wires are going back on. It's in the very back and easy to forget. The water temp sensor is another easy one to pull off and forget about. Other than that ... I think that's about it.
Old 06-26-2004, 02:45 PM
12 Second Club

whats the best way to bleed the coolant after install?
Old 06-26-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've always just started up the truck with the resevoir cap off and let it run. It will eventually get all the air out. Just let it run a little while ... long enough to get it up to temperature. Once it's up to temp and you have stopped adding fluid ... cap it off and let it build pressure. It will be more prone to show a leak once the system is pressurized than when it isn't. Once it's built up pressure, look arounmd for fluid, that should tell you if there is any leaks or not.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Flyer i was thinking the same thing about the intake gaskets.
I tore a small piece of the gasket on number 8 at the top,
glad i double checked myself.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Install is cake. I followed the instructions carefully, very carefully, and double checked every step. I called magna a couple times to double check their directions, but it only took me 8 hours to get it up and running. I think the radiator took the most amount of time.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

anybody have any info about what kind of brackets to use when mounting the H/E behind the bumper/valence? I'm thinking I'll have to ghetto rig something for the time being and later get some measurements and fab something up...

Its good to hear how easy it is to install. The instructions seem very thorough.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

There are 2 silver parrel looking things with some long bolts. Those barrels will hold the bracket for the H/E out far enough to clear the tranny cooler. THat's what they are for.

Quick Reply: Radix Install Tips