Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix issue....fuel pressure question..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see you got everything sorted out! I would get some new plugs and wires because those are prolly burnt up from so much detonation. I like the NGK TR5's. I would get some nice wires too, like some Taylor wires or something. That will make a big improvement too.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sounds about right on the boost.

I wouldn't hesitate one bit at putting the FIPK back on either. That blower likes all the air it can get. ... as long as it can get the fuel it needs too.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Teching In

I was thinking some MSD Super Conductors...I run those on an older rig...do they make those for our trucks?

Oh, one more ?, are the '03 trucks supposed to use the vaccum line to the FPR just like the older trucks...I have it connected, but the step wasn't in the book. I asked Blown about this and can't remember what the answer was.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:19 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoover87
Oh, one more ?, are the '03 trucks supposed to use the vaccum line to the FPR just like the older trucks...I have it connected, but the step wasn't in the book. I asked Blown about this and can't remember what the answer was.
YES!!!! Damn instructions.....
Old 06-28-2004, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea ... I hear the new guy at Magna is slacking .... I think you should call him up and complain.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:36 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyer
Yea ... I hear the new guy at Magna is slacking .... I think you should call him up and complain.

I am slacking! Just got back from lunch!!
Old 06-28-2004, 06:17 PM
14 Second Truck Club

did you see ed at taco bell?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Old 06-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Out of curiosity I did this test too and it goes up to around 45psi and then once the pump goes off the pressre inches down but very slowly. Should it stay constant until I shut it off or should it gradually lose pressure. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Flyer
THe fuel block on the side of the blower ... pull the pressure regulator out and replace that O-ring ... the itty bitty one in there. THe only place I can find one that size is a bearing supply store that does hydraulic lines and stuff too. Don't try fixing it cause if it has a hairline crack in it ... you will be pissing in the wind. That's your problem though. That little bitty o-ring is either cracked or in there sideways. That should clear things up once it gets fixed. When you get it ... make sure it will hole pressure. You might try putting a little vasoline on the o-ring to make it slide in easier. Make sure it will hold pressure, if it doesn't pull it out and try again.

After that, replace your plugs and wires cause chances are they will be burnt up.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

It should SLOWLY come down ... but if you see it drop rapidly .. something's wrong. It should come up to about 55-60 and hold fairly steady with a slow gradual fall. It will drop some as soon as the pumps shut off, but not less than 50-55.

Quick Reply: Radix issue....fuel pressure question..