Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix issue....fuel pressure question..

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome that it was a simple fix
Old 06-28-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Hoover87
First of all....BIG thanks to Retsell for the phone call last night to give me some clarification of what I was looking for. Great help. Thanks to all of you guys for your support!

Hahahaha........anyway, I found the little O-ring in the old manifold. I didn't have any vasaline handy and was freash out KY so I just dipped it in oil before putting it together. It seemed to do the trick 'cause the system is now holding pressure at about 50 psi when the pump turns off. Oh!...and the pinging is gone now too

Boy, that booster pump with this kit must be one heck of a pump...we removed the O-ring from my buddies stock truck to simulate the problem on his and his truck would barely idle. My truck even without the O-ring was still totally drivable as long as you kept your foot out of it. Interesting...I guess the pumps are working

Tonight I'm going to do a couple runs with the fuel pressure guage in the truck to make sure it's maintaining pressure.

Flyer, you mentioned new plugs. What is the favorite for Radix trucks?

Blown, I'm going to take another look at the boost also. I don't hear the pinging anymore, and after some tests on Saturday it looks like it's only kreeping up to 8 lbs when is gets up to about 5000-5500 RPM. I'll let you know what the outcome is and then we can decide on the pulley.

One last question, if the boost is not too rediculous, would there be any plus to putting my K&N FIPK back on? Any opinions? Good idea bad idea?

Thanks again guys for the priceless help. For the record, I'm very happy with the Radix kit...just working out a few self-induced bugs.
You're welcome.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:08 AM
Teching In

Well, I just finished an evening of testing. It holds the fuel pressure at about 62 psi now from first through third with her to the floor. Without starting the truck, the fuel system pressures right up to a tad over 50 psi and holds it there solid...I let it sit for 5 min or so.

I put the K&N FIPK back on just for grins as well. That made the boost go up another pound or so. It runs at about 7 lbs through first gear, then when it shifts to second it seems like the blower gets ahead of the motor and the boost runs up to 8-8.5 lbs, by the time the 2-3 shift comes along the darn thing is at just about 9lbs of boost...but I still haven't heard any audible dentonation like I heard before. Thoughts comments about the boost level?

I'm also going to try a set of NGK TR6's in her tomorrow and see how those work.

Needless to say though, it's a whole different truck now. I'm going to try and get it on the dyno in a few weeks.

Thanks again guys!
Old 06-29-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sounds about like it should be. I would chaulk the odd boost up to the tight stock cam. I wanna say mine did that before, but doesn't with the new cam. It just holds a steady level, about a half pound to a pound lower than it 'should' be with the pulley size.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

im having kinda the same fuel pressure problem...
i was told to take that little o-ring out and re-lube it. heres the prob...is it the o-ring that attaches the regulator to the fuel rail? or the o-ring with the snap ring around it? i'm hoping its the snap ring one, bc i cant get to the other one withought taking the blower off!
and those little rings are a pain!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:58 PM
12 Second Club

/\ Ttt /\

hope this isn't a common problem, and I hope you dont have to take the blower off
Old 07-19-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

It is a common problem as I understand it ... I know there have been 3 on the boards have problems that were the same fix. You should be able to get to this with the blower on with no problem.

It's the o-ring on the very inside on the little stem that sticks out of the center of the regulator. I wish I had a picture of it, but the only thing I have is the regulator itself all mounted like it should be.

If you pull it out, I would replace the o-ring instead of reseat it. THe only ploace I could find the right size o-ring was at a hydraulic supply store. No auto parts store had it. It IS a special o-ring so don't get a regular black one to replace the small one in the middle.

http://www.woracing.com/truck/RADIX/100_0969.JPG

That might show that you can get to it without heving to pull the blower off.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Regular

thats what i thought it was...and what i was hoping to hear! but i am Snap ring retardant or something..i cant get that little clip off for the life of me. also, once i do get it off...do u have the specs on the little o-ring. i will take your advice and replace it.
btw flyer...thanks again man...youve really helped me out!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

The best thing I can tell yo to do is take the o-ring with you. It's really small and isn't the size of any in the box the auto parts store pulls out with all the black o-rings on the stems.

Get you a decent set of snap ring pliers and it will make it a lot easier.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:09 AM
TECH Regular

will do.
one more thing...tryin to hook up an electric fuel pressure guage. except they didnt give me an adapter or tell me about an adapter i need. i am headin out of town to a truck show tomorrow and would like oto have hti sguage hooked up. is there anwhere i can get adapter around town..like at a hardware shop or something. oh, im trying to hook it into the schrader valve..unless someone knows better
need help asap

Quick Reply: Radix issue....fuel pressure question..