Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix and Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Radix and Nitrous?

i was joking.. i wouldnt do that.

anywho..

i want a supercharger as well, and being 17 years of age,, its hard to get 5k dollars.. being that i pay my own truck payment and stuff.

But at least I can say its my truck.. later on when im like 21 I might have enough money, and by that time maybe a turbo kit will be out.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look around in the forced induction or NO2 forums, you will find a vette that had a Radix type blower, MagnaCharger that wasn't side mounted but not intercooled either, and had a nitrous backfire. It was NOT a pretty site.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:13 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you look around in the forced induction or NO2 forums, you will find a vette that had a Radix type blower, MagnaCharger that wasn't side mounted but not intercooled either, and had a nitrous backfire. It was NOT a pretty site.
he was spraying a prety large wet shot thru the blower, if you could set it up dry or DP so that you didn't have fuel going thru the blower i don't think it would be a problem. BTW he just broke the lower intake but the pic's were prety cool.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Some of yall are going dual power adders. I was just wondering if it is possible to mix the radix with nitrous being that you are not suppose to run nitrous through the blower. Would a direct port system be possible or is that too much?
You need a TON of fuel to run 8-10psi and a 150hp direct port. I'd run a large dry shot through the blower or a 100hp or less wet through the blower. Just be careful and go in moderation when using dual power adders. Dry also becomes pretty inconstant (from experience) with large shots. I used to spray a 175hp shot and it was iffy at those levels...a 125-150hp was just easier to mess with and seemed to be better.

BTW, if you think a 4L60E can hold that...look elsewhere for a trans. A 4L80E swap would be ideal.
Old 09-03-2003, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

You need a TON of fuel to run 8-10psi and a 150hp direct port. I'd run a large dry shot through the blower or a 100hp or less wet through the blower. Just be careful and go in moderation when using dual power adders. Dry also becomes pretty inconstant (from experience) with large shots. I used to spray a 175hp shot and it was iffy at those levels...a 125-150hp was just easier to mess with and seemed to be better.

BTW, if you think a 4L60E can hold that...look elsewhere for a trans. A 4L80E swap would be ideal.

Yes, fuel would be a concern, but I would think running a large in tank pump and an aux. inline pump would be good enough. I am not sure though. That is another post. I will only be running 100 DP shot and 10 psi. I think it would make 550-600hp will a 383 LS6 stroker. I think the stock lines can support that. ???
As far as running nitrous through the blower, I was always told that was a big No No! I thought that was why that corvette with the magna charger had problem.

Can anyone confirm this, that running NITROUS through the blower it BAD?

And the tranny, well I know for a fact that it can barely handle the stock 5.3, and am planning on getting mine built up before any major modification.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:27 PM
single digit dreamer

couple of problems here, with alot of boost you may max out the maf with just the blower, add a dry shot to that and it will be maxed for sure so a dry shot is out of the question unless you figure out a way to get that maf to read higher(there is a way but more money)

spraying a wet thru the blower is a no no but it is convienent and easy so people do it, the best bet would be a DP but looks to me like there isn't alot of room under that blower to plumb a DP. can someone toss up some good pic's of that radix, any pics of where a DP could be plumbed, i dont think it can be done but some pic's might help.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:34 PM
single digit dreamer

oh yea, i think the stock lines would handle it but you will probably have to stage the pumps.

a single inline probably wont handle it and a biger pump will out flow the return line at idle. someone around here tried a areomotive 500lb/hr @45psi pump and couldn't control the fuel presure. the single inline shows 360lb/hr at that presure and the return line could handle that. you will have to figure out a way to stage the fuel pumps so you dont get all the flow at idle if you want to use the stock lines.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.magnacharger.com/pdf/manual01.pdf

Scroll down to page 26 and it shows a decent picture of the fuel rail setup. You could probably fit a NOS Nozzle DP or whatever they call it under there.
Old 09-03-2003, 10:41 PM
TECH Resident

couple of problems here,
spraying a wet thru the blower is a no no but it is convienent and easy so people do it, the best bet would be a DP but looks to me like there isn't alot of room under that blower to plumb a DP. can someone toss up some good pic's of that radix, any pics of where a DP could be plumbed, i dont think it can be done but some pic's might help.
Why is spraying wet through the blower a no, no?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

hell no gas prob on the direct port. use propane as your gas source. that would solve the gas prob. If i understand the whole concept correctly i have read that they were running nitrous through the nitrous line and propane through the gas line of the dp system. any body else know about this? said the propane is like 100 something octane and burns slower and better/cleaner or something.

what do you folks know about this?
Ryan

Quick Reply: Radix and Nitrous?