Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix and Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 12:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Radix and Nitrous?

the best bet would be a DP but looks to me like there isn't alot of room under that blower to plumb a DP
Nitrous Oxide Systems maks a universal direct port system that has a fitting that goes in between the injector and the intake.
You make a good point about the maf. I have no clue how to solve that problem.
There is a method to my madness. I want to make the ultimate sleeper. The radix is a relatively quiet charger compared to the procharger, and it is very streetable. I thought adding a little nitrous to it would help it even more. It is just another one of my crazy ideas, but I think with more research it could work. I mainly want to establish a set plan before I start to buy things.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:29 AM
TECH Veteran

SleekSilverado...Hell, save the hassle of trying to figure out a nitrous shot...a little 35hp wet shot through the blower would cool everything down a ton and still be sorta safe...and go with a bigger cam, better heads, billet rods, forged crank, and 9.0:1 pistons for a super strong bottom end. Use ARP studs all over and o-ring the head gaskets then turn up the boost to ~15psi and hold on. More consistant power.

SleeperSilverado...Propane burns slower and at a higher octane count. That is why it works kick *** in diesel applications. If you are trying to just do that why not get a fuel cel for some 110 unleaded for race purposes only. Why spray through the blower? Can't you just drill a small hole in the TB for the Nitrous nossle?
Old 09-04-2003, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

i am not saying spray through the blower. i am saying go direct port with propane as your fuel. i see what you are saying and that is how alot of people handle the gas situation. but i figuse it would be easier and cheaper to use propane. think about it what else do you need that you dont have posibly a bottle and some lines. you already have the sylinoid. i was just saying use propane from a cost stand point. it seems you would not spend much there. were with a fuel cell and pump and the time to make it work would be a lot more expensive.

i have not looked into it that extensivly but looking from a distance it looks to be a hell of a lot cheeper.
Old 09-04-2003, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

i am not saying spray through the blower. i am saying go direct port with propane as your fuel. i see what you are saying and that is how alot of people handle the gas situation. but i figuse it would be easier and cheaper to use propane. think about it what else do you need that you dont have posibly a bottle and some lines. you already have the sylinoid. i was just saying use propane from a cost stand point. it seems you would not spend much there. were with a fuel cell and pump and the time to make it work would be a lot more expensive.

i have not looked into it that extensivly but looking from a distance it looks to be a hell of a lot cheeper.
Can you fill a nitrous 15lbs bottle with propane? This may actually work out well, I would not spray unless it was on a dyno so you can monito A/F levels.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

no you have to have a special dot aproved bottle for the propane. aslo they were saying that the propane bottle last for like 10 nitrous bottles.