Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

The Radix is not capable of 500RWHP? Please.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 11:10 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Just a quick one fo ya...
below is from a Ford forum:
I dynoed at 522RWHP with my "home" ported Eaton. I posted my dyno sheet on F150online if you want to search for it.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:14 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

those are some great numbers and would haul *** but when we were talking about making 500rwhp before we were talking about doing it in a truck. most of us have autos. it looks like it could still be done with an auto but just barely.

500rwhp is a nice number and would make most people happy. the entire thread from about it before was just a discusion as to what the max hp for one would be. no one was slaming the radix and nearly everyone agrees it is a great kit. just not ideal if you are looking for LOTS of hp.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just talking about stock cubes, mostly stock engines.I think the Radix could easily make 600+ rwhp if you put it on the right engine. An m90 eaton probably could too. I know theres not a concrete "limit". But I do think theres a point where you have to admit that maybe a 112 is out of it's efficiency range and something that would flow more would be better.

What would a radix make with a 2.75" pulley on top of a 6.0 with heads and cam? I'll bet around 475-500rwhp. What would it make with the 2.75 and a HUGE crank pulley?I'll bet not much more. If you put it on top of a 408 that already made 450rwhp, then you might make 550-600, but that wouldn't be smart just to prove that the radix can make more than 500.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:18 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by parish8
those are some great numbers and would haul *** but when we were talking about making 500rwhp before we were talking about doing it in a truck. most of us have autos. it looks like it could still be done with an auto but just barely.

500rwhp is a nice number and would make most people happy. the entire thread from about it before was just a discusion as to what the max hp for one would be. no one was slaming the radix and nearly everyone agrees it is a great kit. just not ideal if you are looking for LOTS of hp.
maybe you can answer this,
what is considered LOTS of hp?
Old 10-06-2004, 11:25 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Black Blown 02
I'm just talking about stock cubes, mostly stock engines.I think the Radix could easily make 600+ rwhp if you put it on the right engine. An m90 eaton probably could too. I know theres not a concrete "limit". But I do think theres a point where you have to admit that maybe a 112 is out of it's efficiency range and something that would flow more would be better.

What would a radix make with a 2.75" pulley on top of a 6.0 with heads and cam? I'll bet around 475-500rwhp. What would it make with the 2.75 and a HUGE crank pulley?I'll bet not much more. If you put it on top of a 408 that already made 450rwhp, then you might make 550-600, but that wouldn't be smart just to prove that the radix can make more than 500.
ahh oh, here we go again , the radix does have a limit. it can only spin so fast before it comes apart. also as the rpms go up the hp to drive it goes up, the heat goes up and the efficency falls. i would bet a large sum of money no one will ever see 600hp with one. the problem with bolting one on to a well flowing stroker motor is the blower can't flow anymore air than the motor would on it's own. it might even be a restriction up top. they have compresor charts that support all of this information.

i know people are going to come in here and start the same thing as the last thread. there is such strong support for the radix just talking about it having some kind of a limit seems to get people on the defensive. everything has a limit, there is a point when turning it up or spining it faster will not make more hp. that limit seems to be right around 500rwhp.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:28 PM
12 Second Truck Club

ahh oh, here we go again , the radix does have a limit. it can only spin so fast before it comes apart. also as the rpms go up the hp to drive it goes up, the heat goes up and the efficency falls. i would bet a large sum of money no one will ever see 600hp with one. the problem with bolting one on to a well flowing stroker motor is the blower can't flow anymore air than the motor would on it's own. it might even be a restriction up top. they have compresor charts that support all of this information.

i know people are going to come in here and start the same thing as the last thread. there is such strong support for the radix just talking about it having some kind of a limit seems to get people on the defensive. everything has a limit, there is a point when turning it up or spining it faster will not make more hp. that limit seems to be right around 500rwhp.
I agree with that. This is gonna get ugly again.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone have airflow specs for the M90? what about the M112? That would tell the truth.

It is an awesome setup, but not the greatest.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

The charts Magna show only go up to 14k, the blower itself is known to make it up to 18k, and beyond if your brave/stupid. I've spun mine at 15.5k and it held fine. As soon as I can find a pulley, it will get some more spin on it too.

Instead of looking at HP, I'd like to see it run an 11, but I don't think it's going to happen with a 4L80e behind it.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:40 PM
what a rush!

when did it get ugly? Do you have a link to that?

What is the limit of the Radix? Do you know? I realize that writes really snotty, but entertain it for a second?

From what I gather the flow rate of the Radix is official to 14,000rpm and thats it.

My biggest issue when discussing the limits of the Radix is no one ever sticks around long enough in the convo to achieve a collective educated guess based on multiple input. It's just an "I think the Radix stops at X rwhp" or "I think the radix has more than that".

When you talk of a Radix coming apart, what rpm? what do you mean exactly?

are you willing to be a participant in really talking this through?

I'm just as curious as you btw.
probably more as I have a vested interest.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

At a certain point the Radix stops being an aid to airflow and becomes an impediment. There's no way it could be otherwise - this is simple physics, there necessarily is a limit. I'm not sure anyone knows where this limit is yet, but I am interested as well in finding out where it is.

Has anyone talked with Chris @ APE recently? He was working on a 408 w/a Radix in a Silverado SS....

Quick Reply: The Radix is not capable of 500RWHP? Please.....