Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix owners inside.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Radix owners inside.....

[/quote]
The heat exchanger is the heat dissipating portion of the Intercooler circuit. the hoses go to another heat exchanger (the actual Intercooler) located in the intake manifold, just under the blower. The hot air from the blower flows through the Intercooler and transfers some of the heat to the coolant. Off the coolant goes to the front heat exchanger to cool down again and repeat

[/quote]

Show off
Old 08-12-2003, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good man. Your IAT sensor is in the MAF housing which is Before the blower. How would you know if this cooled things off After the blower?
Magnusun and the install instructions say my IAT sensor is (at least now) located on the intake manifold, post Intercooler

Where did you get that heat exchanger?
JDM they sell Lightning hot rod parts. Since the Radix setup is fairly similar to the Lightning, some of the ideas and parts can be used. JDM they don't list the heat exchanger on their website, but call and ask about it.
There is another made by Johnny Lightning Products that is a bit smaller. Take a look here for some pics of both heat exchangers
Tim Skelton's website

I am curious about what you do with the old heat exchanger.
Took it out. I was placed in front of the trans cooler and raised the tranny temps a bit.

I just don’t see how the front mounted cooler will cool the intake air.
The heat exchanger is the heat dissipating portion of the Intercooler circuit. the hoses go to another heat exchanger (the actual Intercooler) located in the intake manifold, just under the blower. The hot air from the blower flows through the Intercooler and transfers some of the heat to the coolant. Off the coolant goes to the front heat exchanger to cool down again and repeat

Dave I enjoy your posts, let me know if you see any changes in the IAT's other than what you've posted.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

The Radix comes with an IAT sensor mounted in the front of the manifold .. just under the snout. You splice it into the wires from the MAF temp sensor so you now have accurate temp readings.

You can see it in this picture. It is just to the left of the altenator. The plug is grey with white wires coming from it.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool thanks for the picture Flyer. The Whipples still utalize the MAF IAT. I think I might do that with my soon to be finished setup - it makes sense, if anything for safety to pull a little timing if things got really hot.

Is there a parts list for that sensor, or is it just something I could pick up at an AutoZone or another shop? If anybody knows...

Ryan
Old 08-13-2003, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yup .. that and in conjunction with a intercooler water temp gauge, you can actually see the intercooler working.