Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix Owners...Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 11:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix Owners...Questions

Did you have the system professionally installed? If not how did your install go. I feel confident enough to do it myself, but how long will it take. I downloaded the PDF file for install and it is well written. Anything you guys would add or advise on what to be carefull with or look out for? Thanks. I can't wait to get the rest of the cash together to get this baby!!
Old 07-28-2003, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Radix Owners...Questions

I had mine installed, mostly due to not having enough time. the only issues was the fuel pump mounting as the Suburban/Tahoe are a little different. check out the specials Tbyrne has on the RADIX kits.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

I installed mine wiht the help of a friend. It went very well. We were done with it in about a day and a half, that was installing E-fans tooand figuring out how the heck to mount the intercooler reservoir in an alternate place than where the instructions suggexted. A couple of things they didn't mention in my book was about the TPS and IAC wires. They provide you with a butt load of butt connectors and some color wire and never make mention of it. This is used for the TPS and IAC extension since they won't reach to the new throttle body location. Also, in the intercooler package is some long metal barrels looking things with some even longer bolts. The bolts replace what hold the tranny cooler on the front of the truck, the spacers go on on top of the tranny cooler and then the intercooler brace goes on after the spacers, hld on with the long bolts. We ended up cutting the brackets off of the tranny cooler and zip tieing it to the AC and using the same mounting hardware from the trann cooler.

It was really a simple install as long as you are decent with a wrench and can follow instructions.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey, after looking at the TBYRNE site, I saw the older or less expensive style without the intercooler. Does anyone have this style? If so how does it perform compared to the Radix style?
Old 07-29-2003, 08:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have it and absolutly love it. I changed pulley sizes and get little to no knock retard.(only if really lugging it) It seems to make boost right off idle and pulls HARD especially when temps cool down a little. Not a big difference in power if it is extremly hot though. I couldn't justify buying a raidix kit for 5G's. Not knocking it but it is just a little too much for me and i don't think it will give you twice the power compared to twice the price. I got mine used for 1400 off ebay and installed it myself in about 6 hours. Mine came with 8.1 injectors which (i think) are rated at 32lbs. Havent went to the dyno yet still working on some tuning.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

If you have a shop do it they should be able to knock it out in one day. My best guy can do a Radix in around 5-6 hours. The average shadetree mechanic will probably take around 10 hours or so. I would reserve an entire weekend to finish the install completely.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you have a shop do it they should be able to knock it out in one day. My best guy can do a Radix in around 5-6 hours. The average shadetree mechanic will probably take around 10 hours or so. I would reserve an entire weekend to finish the install completely.
As a shadetree'er myself .. I 2nd that. Take away the piddling and bs'in done by us, and we prolly spent about 8 hours on it.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:33 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Took me about 6 hours.....Just remeber to get the motor installation bracket off of the back of the motor.....30 min screw up on my part.
Old 07-30-2003, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Took me about 6 hours.....Just remeber to get the motor installation bracket off of the back of the motor.....30 min screw up on my part.
LOL .. bet you were like .. wtf?!