Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 06:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could it be boost bypass actuator related?
Old 11-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Teching In

i just checked the boost bypass nothing wrong there..

it could'nt be the cold air intake i installed it like 5 days ago made a big big diffrence i dont think its the problem

Todd i just checked the filter there is nothing blocking it
Old 11-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Doint ANYTHING to the air intake for the blower could very well effect boost.

IMO, remove it and stock your old setup back on and see what happens..

Always look to recent changes you made. If you noticed something wrong after the change then reverse it and see if it fixes the problem.

Also be careful using flexible tubing as this can easily collapse under boost.
bingo! Did you loose the boost immediately after the install of the cold air? yes?then go backwards. If not how long after the cold air install did you recognize the problem.

I don't know about losing 2/3's of boost...sounds a bit much for not only an intake change...but a supposedly better sytem. Make sure it's not clogged. If you put your own flexible tubing on it...snap that throttle while your under the hood to see if that hose collapses. As everyone else says...check for debris.

If that isn't it...follow all of those vacuum lines making sure nothing has come unconnected...make sure that bypass valve isn't damaged (looks physically okay).....for starters. If that bypass is getting a weak or clogged vacuum signal it will only let go so much, hense...less boost because some is "bypassing"...for a lack of words.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 PM
Teching In

been 5 days since the cold air swap the truck has been running great till now well im going to put the stock one back on and see what happens
Old 11-12-2004, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 59er
been 5 days since the cold air swap the truck has been running great till now well im going to put the stock one back on and see what happens
i am going on limb here...that isn't it. But good luck to ya 59er...nothing more frustrating than not getting laid and/or your truck not working the way it should.

Don't forget to put a call into Radix and ask Brian Monday if ya haven't figured it out yet...those guys are real helpful.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Ahh, if it didn't happen imediately after the swap then I doubt the cold air kit is at fault but could part of the installation have failed? IE something came loose? Or like stated above, something blocking airflow.

I'm not well versed in Radix systems so I don't know the other stuff that can happen besides vacumn lines and such.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Teching In

well this morning i changed the plugs checked all the vacuum lines nothing out off the ordinary ^%$^*&***( ohohohoh wwooowww wait do you guys think the belt could be slipping ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR
Old 11-12-2004, 08:53 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

how many miles on the belt? Is there dust around the nose drive? Are you sure your bypass is working properly?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:57 PM

speak of him and there he is...that was next question...dust around the pulley and/or surrounding areas...belt slipping?
Old 11-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Blownchevy i have way over 20,000 on the supercharger ..truck is driven daily..i checked the bypass it has this throttle just like the TB i pushed it in and it went all the way in and all the way back out do you have another way to test this bypass valve

just went out to look at the belt it looks ok.... ill replace it later today and report back to ya the pulley looks a bit dusty so that might be it

thanks

Quick Reply: Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI