Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 09:18 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Could be a worn belt. I the bypass is closed all the way with the engine off and open with the engine on, it should be working just fine.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the filter colapsing? I think that was already mentioned, but you didn't say you checked that or not. If it is, you should be able to see stress marks from where it's caving in.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:35 AM
14 Second Truck Club

wheres boost bypass, and how do you check it?.... just for ***** and giggles.... sorry to hijack thread...
Old 11-13-2004, 10:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

That little black thingy on the drivers side of the blower that has a vacuum hose hooked up to it.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Flyer the filter is huge the whole setup looks so sweet man i hate to take it off there is no way this thing would collapse under boost .....

im trying to find some free time to go out and replace the belt first and see what happens then if thats not it ill just put the stock air box back on ill let you guys know the outcome

thanks
Old 11-14-2004, 01:18 PM
Teching In

well its not the belt replaced that truck is exactly the same so i put the stock air box back on and nop thats not it truck still the same

and its not the bypass thing because when i start the truck the bypass opens all the way till it touches that screw on top.......

so i start looking around under the hood and WWWOOOWWWW there is this about a foot long small metal bar rite on top of where the battery is held on to the trucks body by two bolts one on either side..
one of the bolts thats holding this metal bar gets red hot within 30 seconds of starting the truck the other bolt on the other side of that bar is cold and the bar itself is cold its just that one bolt the one next to the fuse box,, this is really freaking me out now cos that bolt is not touching anything on the truck

i really need your help any ideas??? looks electrical but that one bolt is not touching anything

thanks
Old 11-14-2004, 02:15 PM
Tribe Shaman

what i got so far, booster is loseing pressure, gone from 10 to 2 psi
cloged air inteak will starve the motor for air make it run funny.
colapised air tub, again will make the motor starve for air and make it run funny.
bypass is working, but still loss in boost pressure.
it is not a belt, the belt would squall if it was lose,

on my old B&M, don't know if it is on yours, i had this same problem.
on the screws is a small neoprem or rubber like blade, it has a life span of 50,000 miles, these blades form a seal with each screw and the side walls. this blade can be replaced very easy on each rib of the twin screws, it just slides in place. this is where i lost pressure on my old set up.

the loss can be from a leak, now if the system is sealed, no leaks, inteak gaskets back to charger is sealed, bypass is working like it should, check it out make sure you can not blow through it when closed, nothing is blocking air flow, colisped pipe, wet filter, trash bag, god forbid a rat nest inside the in flow pipe, sorry to say it is time to look at the charger to find out why it is not holding the pressure it should be makeing.

as far as your hot red nut on the hold down, your makeing contact some where, time to look it over.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:39 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds to me like you have some serious issues going on! I would highly suggest a mechanic at this point.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Teching In

its definatly not the charger looks and sounds normal and when under boost at full throttle it sounds just like its making boost but the boost pressure is not making it to the motor.

there's no restrictions anywhere in the air intake i double checked that

its probably electric i just rememberd few weeks ago the aux fuel pump made this high piched wining noise for a few days suddenly went back to normal.

ill just take it to a mechanic in the morning and see what they say
Old 11-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Teching In

its definatly not the charger looks and sounds normal and when under boost at full throttle it sounds just like its making boost but the boost pressure is not making it into the motor.

there's no restrictions anywhere in the air intake i double checked that

its probably electric i just rememberd few weeks ago the aux fuel pump made this high piched wining noise for a few days suddenly went back to normal.

ill just take it to a mechanic in the morning and see what they say

Quick Reply: Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI