Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont remember reading this, but does it fall on it's face spitting and sputtering when you get on it and the boost is low?
Old 11-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Teching In

no but when i get on it i hear the blower wining real hard as if it was making 5000 PSI but it dont pull you back in your seat like before it actually feels like stock with a blower wine. truck it very normal nothing out of the ordinary and everything is working perfectly.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

I would go take it to a mechanic and see what they can find is wrong with it. Let us know what the deal is.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing at a time 59er...you'll never get your problem solved attacking all problems at once...even if they are tied together somehow. There is something definitely wrong with you battery hold down. You have gotta get that out of your way first. The last thing you want is an electrical short frying your electronics or lets say an auxilary fuel pump.

All of your relays for your radix install...all of that wiring...anything you have every bolted on in the area of that computer, fuse box, and/or battery area. Go over it carefully...electrical issues can be fine for months and years then finally give out. Your aux fuel pump relay is within that relay stuff....make sure all of that wiring is good to go before you dive into that supercharger...IMO. Wiring is easier to deal with than taken mechanical parts off...I guess since I am in the electrical field...but that's my 2 cents.

The boost thing....maaannn....get that electrical crap out of the way first, hopefully this will lead you to something with the boost. Maybe....or maybe not.
Old 11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Dewmanshu thats exactly what im thinking gota sort out the electricals first..

its not the battery hold dawn it looks like a corner brace thers like an inch clearence away from the battery. it just go's across the top directly over the battery i put my fingers next to that bolt and nothing all around that bolt is cool...

thanks guys
Old 11-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 59er
Dewmanshu thats exactly what im thinking gota sort out the electricals first..

its not the battery hold dawn it looks like a corner brace thers like an inch clearence away from the battery. it just go's across the top directly over the battery i put my fingers next to that bolt and nothing all around that bolt is cool...

thanks guys
If you are talking about that black round bar with flat ends on it, I believe...may be wrong, but that is a common ground area. It is supicious that area is hot...let us know how it goes! Get to a mechanic if you can afford it (haha gotta love those troubleshooting rates$$$) if you haven't figured anything out soon. Try sticking to an experienced speed shop since you got the radix.
Old 11-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Teching In

yes thats the bar its bolted on by two bolts one on either side the bolt thats on the radiator support is cool and the bar itself is cold too...the other bolt next to the fuse box (under that rubber flap thingy) gets red hot i mean really hot within 20-30 seconds the area around that bolt is cold too...theres nothing touching that bolt..

hahaha any suggestions
Old 11-15-2004, 02:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 59er
yes thats the bar its bolted on by two bolts one on either side the bolt thats on the radiator support is cool and the bar itself is cold too...the other bolt next to the fuse box (under that rubber flap thingy) gets red hot i mean really hot within 20-30 seconds the area around that bolt is cold too...theres nothing touching that bolt..

hahaha any suggestions
is there anything on the other side of that bolt ( that part u cant see ) like a wire or anything, being as its the one near ur fuse box, that sounds kinda fishy, also since it only happens when ur car is running.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Visionxorb i checked that bolt like 15 times and there is nothing touching it....

well i think i solved that problem i disconnected my electric fans and that bolt is cold now if i only have one fan on then that bolt only gets warm but if i have both fans on then it really gets hot.

checked the wiring dont see anything wrong i had the fans this way for over a year ???

all i could do now is just rewire the fans again cant see how thats affecting boost thou.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Try a different boost gauge to rule out a faulty gauge.

Quick Reply: Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI