Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 05:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no idea whats up with that hot bolt

But if the blower is whining like crazy but not really boosting.....it just seems like theres a leak somewhere like with the bypass valve or maybe the MAP sensor hole or something....but if this was the case it seems like air would leak in at idle or cruizing and make it run wierd. Maybe the bypass valve is just leaking all that boost back into your plenum before the rotors and its just creating like a "leak cycle" if you know what I'm saying...

Do you have fuel gauge- is fuel psi normal?
Old 11-15-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

CHeck your grounds on the fans. It may be trying to ground through the bolt.

Do you ever run without an air filter?
Old 11-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Teching In

i dont think its a faulty boost gauge cos the truck just doesnt pull you back in your seat like before. truck feels like stock smooth all the way to 5000 RPM the blower wine is loud and normal

03 where is this MAP sensor ill take a look is it in the back of the blower thats where i hooked my boost gauge...thanks
Old 11-15-2004, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Flyer yeh it must be the ground .. i have a feeling its a bad relay.
i just got a complete wiring kit (MR GASKET #1992) ill do this swap in the morning

about the filter yeh i always have the filter on... why do you ask?
Old 11-15-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ditch that MR Gasket kit unless it has 10 gauge wires at least. 12gauge won't cut it. You MIGHT could get away with 12 gauge wires if you use a different controller for each fan, but that should be done anywyas.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Won't speculate as to what it is but it has to have biggg wires running to it and a big fuse or no fuse to allow enough current to travel through it and make a bolt glow red!

Originally Posted by 59er
Flyer yeh it must be the ground .. i have a feeling its a bad relay.
i just got a complete wiring kit (MR GASKET #1992) ill do this swap in the morning

about the filter yeh i always have the filter on... why do you ask?
Old 11-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Teching In

oh man thats it i have 12GA primary wire and 18GA for ground and relays to fans that explains why my relays get warm all the time..ill get some 10GA in the morning.....im using two 30 amp controlers should be more than adequate i hope......
Old 11-15-2004, 07:31 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh man thats it i have 12GA primary wire and 18GA for ground and relays to fans that explains why my relays get warm all the time..ill get some 10GA in the morning.....im using two 30 amp controlers should be more than adequate i hope......
Yep...hehehe those e-fans have gotten more than just you 59er. I am not real sure why they actually sell those wire harnesses like that...soooooooooo underated. Seems as though just in the hundreds of "threads of e-fan harness destruction" I have read that companies would spice them up a little more. Hell it's so bad that Allen at NelsonPerformance sells a harness.

The boost....ask blownchevy if there is a way to actually test that bypass valve. Make sure it works under vacuum like it supposed to, not just mechanically pushing it in and out.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:10 PM
12 Second Club

i dont think its a faulty boost gauge cos the truck just doesnt pull you back in your seat like before. truck feels like stock smooth all the way to 5000 RPM the blower wine is loud and normal

03 where is this MAP sensor ill take a look is it in the back of the blower thats where i hooked my boost gauge...thanks
MAP is on the back of the manifold, the sensor points down into a hole back there....I'm not sure how a leak would affect things....seems like it would surge at idle and act like cruise control if it was leaking bad enough.....I'm still leaning towards the bypass valve...perhaps the actuator is fine but the valve is messed up?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

HOLY ****!! Rip that stuff off NOW. I'm shocked that hasn't caught fire yet. Don't run that anymore and don't make the fans run anymore.

I ran all mine when I rewired them all with 10 and 8 gauge amp power cables. That's 8 gauge for EACH different fan. I wouldn't use anything less than that if I were doing it again.

Quick Reply: Radix people.... help please only 2 PSI