Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Radix Questions.\\\

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix Questions.\\\

Ok guys i need some feedback. I have been looking around at forced induction for a great deal of time now. Just really waiting to find the right kit at the right price. So here are some more questions. The Radix, i seem to hear nothing but great stuff about it. How does it sound? How fast will my truck run with it, my mods are in my sig. How fast are yall running with it? Does it affect my gas mileage? How does it boost, as in like a kenne bell or like a pro charger. Basically tell me everything i want to hear about the radix. Good or bad. Any videos would be great to so i can get a sence of how it sounds.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

here ya go

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254077
Old 04-12-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by silveradosam
Ok guys i need some feedback. I have been looking around at forced induction for a great deal of time now. Just really waiting to find the right kit at the right price. So here are some more questions. The Radix, i seem to hear nothing but great stuff about it. How does it sound? How fast will my truck run with it, my mods are in my sig. How fast are yall running with it? Does it affect my gas mileage? How does it boost, as in like a kenne bell or like a pro charger. Basically tell me everything i want to hear about the radix. Good or bad. Any videos would be great to so i can get a sence of how it sounds.
You can try using the search feature and you will find tons of info on the RADIX system. But i can answer a few of your questions from my personal experience.....

Sounds loud as hell when you romp on it. Just crusing around you dont even know its their.

All of your mods in your sig will work just fine, the K&N FIPK will take a little modification but it will work. Good that you have the 65E, that will help in the long run.

When driveing normaly your milage should improve slightly.

Full boost off idle when you nail it just like a kenne belle, not like a pro-charger.

I will post a video later....i have to find it.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Launching!

How does it sound?
Sounds completely stock until you start to transition from vacuum to boost. Then there is a whistling sound of the bypass valve closing. You can also hear a growly whine of the supercharger start at this point. Going further into the boost scale, you just hear the whine and the un-repeatable exclamations coming from passengers.

How fast will my truck run with it, my mods are in my sig.
Probably take 1-1.5 seconds off your quarter mile time.

How fast are yall running with it?
0-60 about 5.5 seconds. Quarter mile of 13.9. It could be better with some tuning and transmission work. But don't forget, I have a few more Cubic Inches than you do. I saw about a 38% increase in HP.

Does it affect my gas mileage?
On average, you will have a lower MPG, but this is because you have enhanced your ability to stuff more fuel in your engine when you floor it, and that gets pretty addicting If you can keep your foot off the gas, stock MPG is possible. If you can drive it in a stock like way, it will give you stock like MPG. My highway MPG is as good as a stock SS, so long trips are the same. Some claim their MPG goes up a bit with the supercharger, but I don't see how. When driving for best MPG, you will be bypassing the supercharger.

How does it boost, as in like a Kenne bell or like a pro charger.
You should already know the answer to that if you have been looking into a supercharger for a while. The Radix gives great low end acceleration, like a Kenne Bell or Whipple would. This is what you want to get a heavy truck moving, plus it is a lot of fun driving around town.

Basically tell me everything i want to hear about the radix. Good or bad.
The Radix is a great, if somewhat expensive performance mod. It is reliable, looks cool sitting there on your engine, and comes as a complete ready to run kit that will work well for a daily driver.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

And there you have it!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I went from a 15.85 to a 14.08 with just the Radix. Headers and slicks put me at 13.72 in the sig. Great all around supercharger.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

Here is that video. video editing is not my thing so excuse the crappy editing

might have to right click save as
http://www.sleepingsierra.com/supercharger.wmv
Old 04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

heres an old vid....the blower is a little louder now

heres a more recent one
Old 04-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for all the great feedback. Now its time to make my decission. Turbo or Radix......
Old 04-13-2005, 12:15 AM
12 Second Truck Club

I ran a 13.45 with the stock radix, cat-back and et streets. I havent noticed any turbo guys running that with so few mods. Good luck with which ever you choose, you really cant go wrong. Both have their positives and negatives.