Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

really cheap summit shorty headers for 4.8-5.3???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn sorry for asking guys lol cant we all just get along . thanks for the info i guess the stock ones look alright . but i just dont see how headers being another 7 to 8 inchs longer make so much more diff when it all goes into one pipe . i know longtubes are better . but why does it make such a big difference . is it the gases can get more velocity before being combined with each other therefore exiting faster ?
Old 12-13-2005, 11:32 PM

Received 226 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
WOW talk about a kick in the *****. Excuse me but i have read in the past over on LS1Tech in the forced induction section that on these STS kits people have actually seen better results from with shorty or mid lenght headers. I saw some this about hoe back pressure will help the spool better. Damb sorry if I am wrong. But lest not start bashing. Whats else have I said that is "weird, off-ball or *** backwards"????????? I dont mind critisisum(sp) but there is no need to be a *** hole about it all might one. I see that you are all knowing so I am going to recommend that they make you a moderator asap.
its back asswards
Old 12-14-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
WOW talk about a kick in the *****. Excuse me but i have read in the past over on LS1Tech in the forced induction section that on these STS kits people have actually seen better results from with shorty or mid lenght headers. I saw some this about hoe back pressure will help the spool better. Damb sorry if I am wrong. But lest not start bashing. Whats else have I said that is "weird, off-ball or *** backwards"????????? I dont mind critisisum(sp) but there is no need to be a *** hole about it all might one. I see that you are all knowing so I am going to recommend that they make you a moderator asap.
didn't mean to be an ******* (i think thats what you mean ) Its just several things I dont care to look up. It was just the straw that broke the back so to speak. Maybe I was a bit harsh. Sorry about that.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAssChevy327
damn sorry for asking guys lol cant we all just get along . thanks for the info i guess the stock ones look alright . but i just dont see how headers being another 7 to 8 inchs longer make so much more diff when it all goes into one pipe . i know longtubes are better . but why does it make such a big difference . is it the gases can get more velocity before being combined with each other therefore exiting faster ?
it has a lot to do with more complicated stuff than simple restriction vs free flowing.

also, i think full length are usually bigger diameter?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

treyz28~ Ya I guess it is a little f'd up. I have seen that exact same statement that I made over on LS1tech and on other sites so i asumed that it was ok. and i guess i made an *** out of me No hard feelings man. I am still learning everyday that I am here on this site. It just kinda hurt that you made it seem like everytime I open my mouth I am saying something wrong.
Thanks for settin me strait and I hope you will feel free to correct me the next time i f up. bc you and I know that I will

thanks-

Matt