Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Recived summit bullets today for those who are curious

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recived summit bullets today for those who are curious

Well i recived them today, im not to sure how they would compare to the dynomax race bullets as far as flow. I took a few pictures so maybe someone can compare them to the dynomax and make a educated decision. I was going to install these today but a combination of laziness and no argon changed the installation date. I don't think these are to restrictive even thought they have the lures because the inlet is on the smooth side of the lure. One think im kind of dissapointed in is that one of them has big lures with a smaller number of them and the other one has smaller lures with more of them, not to mention ones overall length is slightly longer, well anyways here are some pics.

Any thoughts/Comments?
Old 03-12-2005, 08:41 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they came in the same box? Have the same part number? They look pretty decent. I would like to hear a sound clip of them after you install them.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mzoomora
Did they came in the same box? Have the same part number? They look pretty decent. I would like to hear a sound clip of them after you install them.
Same box same part number. Either way im sure these will flow at least double what my 2 1/4 stock cats will flow
Old 03-12-2005, 09:19 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcfast
Same box same part number. Either way im sure these will flow at least double what my 2 1/4 stock cats will flow
Are you welding these in the Y in place of the cats? If so, I would like to see a comparison pic of the 2. I was going to gut mine and put a straight pipe inside, to keep the legal look, but your idea is much better.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:36 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dynomax bullets don't have those perforated ribs. They have holes all through the internal section instead, so its a bit less restriction. Those you have are more like the traditional glass pack setup. For more sound deadning, turn them with the exhaust flowing into the vents.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mzoomora
Are you welding these in the Y in place of the cats? If so, I would like to see a comparison pic of the 2. I was going to gut mine and put a straight pipe inside, to keep the legal look, but your idea is much better.
What im doing is cutting the pipe before and after the cats and welding flanges on the pipes i just cut and the cats. then im putting flanges on the bullets that way when smog time comes around it will be easy for me to put the cats back in place, also by putting the bullets in place of the cats i won't get the added noise or rasp. The bullets look nothing like the cats though, but my truck is low enough where you can't see under it if i where to get pulled over or something like that, then again i could probably convince whoever that the bullets are actually cats
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigTex
The dynomax bullets don't have those perforated ribs. They have holes all through the internal section instead, so its a bit less restriction. Those you have are more like the traditional glass pack setup. For more sound deadning, turn them with the exhaust flowing into the vents.
Damn thats what i thought , How much less would you say these flow? Im sure they would flow way better than cats right? Do you think these things will flow in the 350 cfm range each?
Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 PM
11 Second Club

what was the P/N?
I would like to hear them too
Old 03-12-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 89ws6formula50
what was the P/N?
I would like to hear them too
Summit part # 630805 , I will try to get some before and after sound clips. All though i might change my mind and get the dynomax race bullets if these flow a bunch less. Do you think the sound dampining will be the same on these as the dynomax or more or less?
Old 03-12-2005, 11:50 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the dynomax bullits will flow a lot better but also wont quiet things down as much. those things hanging out in the exhaust stream suck.

Quick Reply: Recived summit bullets today for those who are curious